Football Programmes Centre

Speed of the forum
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Speed of the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 pm 
Post subject: Speed of the forum

Is anyone else having problems loading the forum? For the past month or two it has been next to impossible to use. Loading the forums posts since my last visit is generally ok, but as soon as you try to load a page it can take up to 10 minutes to load.

Normally I end up killing the request and pressing refresh.

I've cleared my cache, I don't have any issues with any other site and I'm currently getting about 6MB broadband speed. I'm using Firefox 3.6.18 on Windows 7.

A lot of the time my status bar says 'Read plusone.google.com' so it could be related to the Google plus icon near the top of the page?

EDIT: I've disabled JavaScript and the forum posts load instantly....
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 pm 
Post subject: Re: Speed of the forum

CarlisleUtdMem wrote:
Is anyone else having problems loading the forum? For the past month or two it has been next to impossible to use. Loading the forums posts since my last visit is generally ok, but as soon as you try to load a page it can take up to 10 minutes to load.

Normally I end up killing the request and pressing refresh.

I've cleared my cache, I don't have any issues with any other site and I'm currently getting about 6MB broadband speed. I'm using Firefox 3.6.18 on Windows 7.

A lot of the time my status bar says 'Read plusone.google.com' so it could be related to the Google plus icon near the top of the page?

EDIT: I've disabled JavaScript and the forum posts load instantly....

Adam, Firstly thanks for the full indepth details. It is very strange though since im also on Windows 7, Firefox 3.6.18 and similar download speed. Added to that my firefox is buggered and stops a lot of stuff working, but the forum still loads fine for me.

The +1 icon is indeed a piece of javascript... Ive just removed it from the site. Can you please report back on how the site works now with javascript enabled.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

I don't see any problem Craig but if you want to track down where you might make improvements here's a nice link to a report;

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/?.....id=5334314
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:17 am 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
I don't see any problem Craig but if you want to track down where you might make improvements here's a nice link to a report;

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/?.....id=5334314

Cheers - pretty happy with that. The shopping cart mini i need to get rid of but its an absolute bitch to do as im integrating phpbb and oscommerce and there isnt code for what i want. The the images at the bottom I believe are not found so i need to tweak the code anyway.

Thanks for the link though Thumbs Up
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 am 
Post subject:

Hi Craig,
All pages are loading straight away now Smile

If you want to add the JavaScript back in and want me to test again please let me know.

Cheers,
Adam
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: