Football Programmes Centre

Middlesbrough 2008/09
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Middlesbrough 2008/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantham

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm 
Post subject: Middlesbrough 2008/09

Went to Boro' v Man United on Saturday and bought a programme (as I do for every game I attend) but was surprised and also a little disappointed to see that two different covers exist, having then read the opening page of the programme, they have done this for EVERY game this season, produced two different front covers for each game, how does this sit with fellow collectors, would you buy both, more importantly would you buy both if YOUR club did this for a whole season ?
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

What a surprise. A premier team that think nothing of ripping their fans off. What a disgrace.

Would I buy both if Rovers did it? I really don't know. I wouldn't want to but then I would hate to miss out on having them in my collection.
If Rovers suggested doing it I would do everything in my power to get our editor to change his mind. That would have to include resigning as a contributer to the programme.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: Middlesbrough 20080/09

grantham wrote:
Went to Boro' v Man United on Saturday and bought a programme (as I do for every game I attend) but was surprised and also a little disappointed to see that two different covers exist, having then read the opening page of the programme, they have done this for EVERY game this season, produced two different front covers for each game, how does this sit with fellow collectors, would you buy both, more importantly would you buy both if YOUR club did this for a whole season ?

http://www.footballprogrammece.....ight=#1319

I noticed this earlier in the season and I think it's an absolute rip off!

I can't see any logic to it other than trying to generate additional revenue.
James

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

Probably where their crowds are so small now they are trying to double the amount they make form programme sales hoping people will buy one of each.

Hope they go down Smile
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

Sadly I would buy both otherwise it just wouldn't be a complete set in my eyes.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: