Football Programmes Centre

Leyland Motors v manchester City 1981 Openinig floodlights
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leyland Motors v manchester City 1981 Openinig floodlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnefan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 am 
Post subject: Leyland Motors v manchester City 1981 Openinig floodlights

I was at this match but never saw any programmes and want it purely for the reason i was there .
It was Motors biggest ever attendance .
Actually while writng this i've found a previous post on the forum .
I remember tapping Hareide (City) on the chest when i ran on the pitch at the end . Also remember John Bond taking his seat in the stand specially erected for the game .
It was a great night and Motors could have won - i think City had been in the Cup Final and Hutchinson scored an own goal so we give him plenty of stick (and he played for the 'tango men')
I've got thousands of potential swaps or will pay cash .
Cheers everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm 
Post subject:

I know a dealer selling it but he wants £10 for it
pnefan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:39 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers for that -
i don't mind paying good money as long as its in good condition .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

I have this, as my dad was chairman of the club at the time. Don't have it here, its back in Leyland. I'm sure it was a single sheet, and mine was signed by the City team. Leyland's not exactly a big town, so maybe we know each other?
pnefan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 pm 
Post subject:

My Grandad was secretary/sports writer at Motors for years until about 1970 so not around for the City game in 81 .

I'm 46 now so was about 16 at the time .

I got chased by some city fans down Sandy Lane after the match cos i shouted Man United .

If you click on the website link you'll find my details there .
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 am 
Post subject:

I was 10 at the time, so dont remember it as well as you. My sisters would have been about your age, and went to Balshaws. Where's the link, can't see it?
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 am 
Post subject: leyland v Man City

Sold this one a couple of years ago.Definitely not a single sheet..remember it had a light blue cover with at least 8 pages..

www.collectorsfootballprogrammes.co.uk
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:23 am 
Post subject:

Will ask him to fetch it to Altrincham V MCFC XI next Saturday 16th July to check condition are you happy to pay £10 if in good condition??
pnefan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:30 pm 
Post subject:

Yes thats fine (£10) cheers .

wrinkydinkles
Sold this one a couple of years ago.Definitely not a single sheet..remember it had a light blue cover with at least 8 pages..

That seems to jog my memory - seem to remember John Bond had one in his hand going up the stairs in the Grandstand so there could be 2 versions.

(the link is the www at the bottom of this )
johnlad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm 
Post subject:

i have this programme as well, it was 8 pages or so mostly pics
pnefan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

johnlad

Quote:
have this programme as well, it was 8 pages or so mostly pics

Bit like 'The sun' then Laughing Easy Cool
pnefan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:59 am 
Post subject:

Got the programme Pagiemcfc thanks.

Like the newspaper clip and noticed Alan Worrall (trainer) in the Motors photo , a former next door neighbour (great bloke as well) , also i think i played against and in the same team as some of the Motors lads (1977-83) .

My investigations have disclosed there maybe 3 versions of this programme in existance .

Can't remember Martin O'Neil playing for City though .
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

pnefan wrote:
Got the programme Pagiemcfc thanks.

Like the newspaper clip and noticed Alan Worrall (trainer) in the Motors photo , a former next door neighbour (great bloke as well) , also i think i played against and in the same team as some of the Motors lads (1977-83) .

My investigations have disclosed there maybe 3 versions of this programme in existance .

Can't remember Martin O'Neil playing for City though .

Alan Worrall was a really good mate of my dad, but only just remember him. What players did you play with and against? I remember travelling all over with the apprentices team from the factory, and Paul Mariner played for them when I was about 7. We got back from an away game really late one night and Paul couldnt get home, so he had to stay at our house. I don't know why, but my dad gave him my bed, so I had to sleep on the sofa!!

I also remember (maybe I was even younger than 7) travelling with the team in the minibus, and when they pulled onto the car park, I was allowed to sit on the drivers knee and steer the bus! Good times.
pnefan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:39 pm 
Post subject:

Don't know if they all played for motors and( some maybe later) but the list includes Campbell,Cook, wilkinson,Robinson,Dave lancaster (colne Blackpool chesterfield rochdale Bury halifax) knicked a PNE badge off me at school) R Potter (Preston Wigan) youth teams ,Mick bell,S. Green,S Robinson,D. Mcarty, I Redman,M Clarkson, M Bretherton ; i packed in football and played bass in local bands etc
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: