Football Programmes Centre

What to do now..
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What to do now..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:46 pm 
Post subject: What to do now..

Oh well, Our season is over now and ended in spectacular fashion that im sure only Cardiff City could managed.

2 points needed from the last 4 games and up until then we had seemeded unbeatable. Instead we lost 3 and drew 1, conceeded 11 goals and scored only 1. 6 of those goals were scored against us by Preston who were chasing us down hard in the table and in the end, only ended up knocking us out of the play offs by virtue that they have scored one more goal than us as our goal difference ended up the same.

Had we only lost 5-0 there, had we not conceeded late equalisers against so many teams - including a 95th minute equaliser against Reading.. scored by their keeper! Had the players have not totally bottled it over the last few games - it could all be so different.

Im sure a lot of our better players could now be on their way... Ledley, Roger Johnson, Ross McCormack.. maybe more! Next season will be a new start in a new stadium but i dont think we will have as good a chance as we had this season for a long while.

Personally now i need something different to do on a saturday afternoon for the next 9 weeks or so, before it all starts off again on 4th July with a "warm up game" at our new stadium with two of our legends each turning out a XI. July 17th then will see us play Chasetown when i think our stadium will be opened up to 70% capacity and then the official opening will be 22nd July against Celtic before another "high profile" game against Valencia at the start of August.

Ive had enough of it after a shocking end to the season, which also saw the club say good bye to Ninian park in a terrible ceremony after the Ipswich game which we lost 3-0. This will never be able to be corrected now, as had been hoped to do in the Play Offs. Ninian Park has seen her last game and i have too for the next couple of months as i dont think i can bare to watch the Play Offs... or the FA Cup Final for that matter - another thing our club managed to balls up last season with our bunch of over player prima donnas who show no heart for our club and its history.

Rant over!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:02 pm 
Post subject: cardiff

You should get yourself down to the Swalec Stadium and watch Glamorgan C.C.C. see if they can carry on their improvement from last year, where they only finished second bottom. Signs are looking good, the rain undoubtedly saved Derby this wek when they followed on, and maximum batting points and 5 centuries from first two games bodes well for the future.
Gareth Rees scored a best ever one day centruy yesterday against Essex for our first one day win of the season.
Am Glamorgand daft, as you may have guessed, and can still remember the 1969 County Championship win when we went the whole season undefeated. If you ever come across and Glamorgan memorabilia.....
paulo

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:14 pm 
Post subject:

Craig - things could be worse - you could have had a season like ours!

Mad
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
Craig - things could be worse - you could have had a season like ours!

Mad

Its not that bad in Lge 1, think you will find that the fans are just as passionate about their football as some of the supporters of the so called bigger clubs. Problem Norwich and the other 2 that went down, will now be classed as 'big' clubs and everyone is out to beat you. I'm sure if we can get out at the first attempt you should be able to. We did it with a mixture of youth and experience, plus some astute loan signings of youngsters from Premiership clubs like Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: