Football Programmes Centre

EBAY TALE OF WOE (AGAIN)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
EBAY TALE OF WOE (AGAIN)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PompeyInBrum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:41 pm 
Post subject: EBAY TALE OF WOE (AGAIN)

A little earlier i was waiting for an item to end.

I had a bid ready for about double what was already in the lead.

With about 10 seconds left i submitted the bid only to be asked to sign in again.

By now i obviously did not have time to do this and the item went for the same bid that was leading.

The thing that has p!ssed me off about this is the fact that ive got my ebay set so that i am PERMANENTLY signed in.

Not only has this (Potentially) cost me the item but it has also done the seller for a lot more than it went for.

Has this happened to any of you before?

Not Happy!
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

My guess would be , your internet connection got disconnected , the IP then automatically signed back on , hence logging you out of ebay , ..... Sherlock
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:19 pm 
Post subject:

What a bugger.... my wireless mouse, once decided it had dead batteries less than a minute before i was about to bid Crying or Very sad
jonnyp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject:

Happened to me a few times before. Now i make sure i get my bids in earlier
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

If you leave bidding on an item until 10 seconds before the end (doing so manually) you always run such a risk.

It could easily have been a slow connection problem which didn't load the pages, or the computer could have frozen, which also would have resulted in missing the item.

I always tend to put a bid 30 seconds from the end; or use Goofbay snipe which I have never had a problem with (then you don't have to worry about the bid.)

Sorry to say but it sounds liek your fault, not eBay's.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:47 pm 
Post subject: Re: EBAY TALE OF WOE (AGAIN)

PompeyInBrum wrote:
A little earlier i was waiting for an item to end.

I had a bid ready for about double what was already in the lead.

With about 10 seconds left i submitted the bid only to be asked to sign in again.

By now i obviously did not have time to do this and the item went for the same bid that was leading.

The thing that has p!ssed me off about this is the fact that ive got my ebay set so that i am PERMANENTLY signed in.

Not only has this (Potentially) cost me the item but it has also done the seller for a lot more than it went for.

Has this happened to any of you before?

Not Happy!

www.auctionsniper.com

and your in when your out-24 seven!.

3rd greatest invention in the world next to ebay and paypal!

Been where you are-spitting feathers, missing out time afeter time years ago,but now and over the years no need to worry-on occassions i have upped it and didntneed too and sometimes i have dropped it and lost it, the only thing i would not recommend is bidding with less than 7 seconds to go as on occassions i have known the odd connection loss, but with 7 to go no one can come back at you if they aint bid enuff in the first place! Good Luck sniping in the future-i also think they now offer 3 free snipes for newcomers-worth a try fees are peanuts really.
Leslie Millman-manchesterunitedman1
www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
Post subject:

Similar thing happened to me using The Saleroom a few times - bidding on items at Sportingold auctions. The auctioneer there goes so quick that the person looking at the internet bidding cannot seem to keep up and then, before you know it, the lot is sold and he is on to the next one!

As others have said both they and the vendor are losing out as on each occassion I would have bid more if I could have got my bids in.
I did tell The Saleroom but Sportingold with over 1,000 lots will not hang about for anyone.

I do not have this problem with other online auctions. Very frustrating.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
Similar thing happened to me using The Saleroom a few times - bidding on items at Sportingold auctions. The auctioneer there goes so quick that the person looking at the internet bidding cannot seem to keep up and then, before you know it, the lot is sold and he is on to the next one!

As others have said both they and the vendor are losing out as on each occassion I would have bid more if I could have got my bids in.
I did tell The Saleroom but Sportingold with over 1,000 lots will not hang about for anyone.

I do not have this problem with other online auctions. Very frustrating.

Quite understand the problems Martin but i personally will NEVER use the internet at a live auction, if i cannot be there then i am on the phone.

Here is something worth a debate I have just registered to bid on some odds and ends in the next day or so and have been advised if i am the winner of a lot bidding over the phone i will have to pay 3% extra to cover the cost of the person/s being paid to man the phones!. Like some of the fees are not high enough as it is-I was speechless-never heard that before!. Scouse tried too but 3% Crying or Very sad .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Irish Mick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:12 pm 
Post subject: AUTION SNIPER

thanks for link to auctionsniper Manuman. I was going to use it myself but they want my ebay password - is this ok?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: AUTION SNIPER

Irish Mick wrote:
thanks for link to auctionsniper Manuman. I was going to use it myself but they want my ebay password - is this ok?

I use a similar sniper myself. I have had my account suspended in the past by Ebay as they have noticed my account being accessed by a third party (sniper).
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: AUTION SNIPER

Irish Mick wrote:

yes thats correct you use your ebay name to operate the auction sniper as they both work hand in hand together. I have used other snipers but was never comdfortable with them as ebay is linked to the sniper as well as paypal makes it all easier for me-i cannot comment on what others may consider good bad or otherwise, also the last poster says he has been compromised-well i can say i have never had any issues with over 3000+ sucessfull snipes.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 pm 
Post subject:

I use the sniper on goofbay.com
and its FREE.
MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 pm 
Post subject:

I also use Goofbay - It's free and completely safe to use (well I've never had any problems with it!) Thumbs Up
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:31 pm 
Post subject:

MaccProgrammesWanted wrote:
I also use Goofbay - It's free and completely safe to use (well I've never had any problems with it!) Thumbs Up

Nice flickr site! I hail from Prestbury originally for about 3 days only! then back up to North Manchester, I have a couple of Macc homes v MU 1948-9, 1949-50-do you want a scan of them, if you do PM me your email address-ok Leslie Millman Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: