Football Programmes Centre

Have you ever played football on a teams ground?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Have you ever played football on a teams ground?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:47 pm 
Post subject: Have you ever played football on a teams ground?

This Bank Holiday Monday coming up I'm playing at Prenton Park, Tranmere Rovers FC.

And then on Sunday 10th May I'm playing at The Ricoh Arena, Coventry City FC.

I've played at Tranmere before and the stands are so close to the pitch, it's intimidating but great!

I've also played at The Valley, Charlton Athletic FC. That was in FourFourTwo magazine's Weekend Wonders Competition in which 2 teams got picked to play there. Although we got beat 9-1 by a team called Westminster Casuals it was great to be playing at a Premiership ground (next season it's a League One ground! )

I've never been to The Ricoh Arena before though! Has anyone ever been? Is it a big pitch?
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:04 pm 
Post subject: Have you ever played.

Was a semi-pro at Southport 67-69 ,played an "A" Team game at Burnden Park (Bolton) end of season game 67,big thrill for a 16 year - old haveing seen Everton beat Manchester United in an F.A.Cup semi -final there 12 months prior.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:21 pm 
Post subject:

Played on Preston's infamous plastic pitch when I was about 17; Played at the City Ground in a corporate tournament a few years ago. Cricket was more my game though, played for Lancashire for a couple of years when I was 15. Never good enough to make it, just priviledged to play at grounds like Old Trafford etc.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:41 pm 
Post subject: grounds

Played at Iffley Raod, Oxford - where Roger Bannister did the 4 minute mile, and at Auchinleck Talbot in a couple of charity games when I was in my early 40's - that's age not waistline, yet!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

Although I have wanted Tranmere to reach the play offs all season it's now come to the point where if they do, our game on Monday at Prenton Park will be cancelled!

So maybe I win either way?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:25 pm 
Post subject: play off

Tranmere have to do the biz against Scunny. Couldn't bear the thought of them larging it over the mighty Mariners again.
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

I played for the Grimsby Civil Service team at The Shay Halifax. The pinnacle of my career as a journeyman right back.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

Played at Tranmere this evening.

We were promised kits to play in but then they decide to email one of the lads on their work email address yesterday (Sunday) to advise they are now unable to provide any. Needless to say we didnt see the email as we were all off work!

So we got there at 5:45 pm and were told of the problem and had to go all the way back to Widnes to get 2 full kits off a team we know. Kick Off was supposed to be 6:30pm. We ended up kicking off at 7:30pm.

The game was drawn 1-1 and because of fading light we decided to go straight to pens. My team lost 4-3 but I'm not dissapointed as it was a great experience and I played a blinder! Laughing

Oh and one more thing, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I can now tell my grandkids in years to come I had a piss on the Prenton Park pitch in the corner flag to the right hand side of the Cow Shed goal. No
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: