Football Programmes Centre

Could you sell your whole collection?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Could you sell your whole collection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dellboye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 pm 
Post subject: Could you sell your whole collection?

I was just looking through all the listings of chelsea programmes when I came across this;
http://tinyurl.com/dellboye

It must have taken him a while to get a complete collection from 1946 so to sell all of it must be hard. I certainly wouldn't sell my collection unless I got a massive offer(10 million+ Very Happy )
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

Changed your URL sorry as it was messing up the design Smile Its something i still need to work on.

And to answer your question, i dont think i could sell my whole collection at anyone time. My situation is collecting Cardiff and FA Cup Final programmes... Id be happy enough to complete my FA Cup Collection and then sell them all at once, but i would find it hard to sell a complete collection of items from my home club.

Mattblue told me earlier that about 10 of my programmes have a combinded value close to £1,000 and although i would love that money, i really couldnt imagine selling any of them!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

NO!!!I'd rather be homeless (And nearly was!!)
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 am 
Post subject:

I could NEVER image getting rid of my collection, by collecting it has brought me knowledge about whats available for my club...also made friends along the way.

Although, if when the time comes to retiring and im skint i may consider it, knowing what its worth at the moment, and I have at least 35 years of collection yet !! (well i hope anyway)
Footyfan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm 
Post subject: WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR COLLECTION....

is a difficult question. I spent many years collecting my Leeds Utd collection. My daughter is also a Leeds fan but not really interested in memorabilia so no point leaving it to her. However, I know which progs are the RARE one's so at least if I sell up I can split the sets to sell items separately.

The $64M dollar question though will be when is the best time to sell?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: