Football Programmes Centre

Finding room to store your collection!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Finding room to store your collection!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:00 pm 
Post subject: Finding room to store your collection!

I honestly dont know how some of you with large collections manage to store it somewhere!!

Ive just redecorated, chucked out half of my clothes and turned my wardrobe into a bookcase to basically store the folders with my programmes in.

Im hoping to collect back to the war but as i have so few programmes from the pre 1960s ive not even started to put them in folders so what you see here is generally the mid 60s to now. I still need to find room for around another 46 folders and then each season now is taking up 6 folders!!

When i come to the point that im just filling in small gaps in my collection i have no idea how on earth i will fit it anywhere!!

At a rough guess i reckon once completed ill need about 25ft of shelves!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

Pretty sure I put this up before but this is how mine are stored.

We are decorating the room at the moment so right now they are all stacked under the stairs. Once finished new shelf units will be bought and they will go back to their rightfull place.

By the way there is another row of programmes out of sight hidden by the table.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:55 pm 
Post subject:

Ive seen a different picture of your collection i think but seeing yours was what made me want to get everything tidied up.

Still a long way to go to and it botheres me that not all my ring binders are the same so they look a little untidy! I guess thats just because im so picky though!!

Normal ring binders are expensive enough, id love to have all mine in club binders like you but sadly it would cost hundereds (Thats if we did club binders too!!)
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 am 
Post subject:

For years now I have asked for binders at Christmas/ Birthdays. Usually get around 7-8 a year and usually need 3 or 4 each season. Have now got 6 spares so am ok for the next couple of seasons now.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 am 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
For years now I have asked for binders at Christmas/ Birthdays. Usually get around 7-8 a year and usually need 3 or 4 each season. Have now got 6 spares so am ok for the next couple of seasons now.

Good thinking, i could never rely on Cardiff to carry on producing the same item for even a couple of months though!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 am 
Post subject:

As you can see Craig Rovers did change the design of theirs about 10 years ago. They have kept them the same since then though. I would go mental with them if they ever changed them again.

Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:38 am 
Post subject:

Mine are in boxes under all the beds in the house. Mostly old A4 paper boxes from the office. Can be a right pain finding what I'm after when I want to look something up. Only exception is my pre-war stuff which is in a folder like yours on a bookshelf.

When I last moved house, I think my programmes must have been more than 50% of the work for the removal men.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 am 
Post subject:

I dread to think about what would happen if I moved. I reckon I now have around 100,000 progs in my celler belonging to Rovers supporters club. Took 15 of us all day 3 years ago to get them there from the shop.

MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:49 am 
Post subject:

I made the mistake of storing mine in the cellar a few years ago - easily a few thousand which unfortunately the majority had to be thrown away due to the damage caused by the damp conditions Crying or Very sad

Now I have them stored in 2 ring binders per season (Home and Away) on a purpose built table around the perimeter of the loft Smile
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am 
Post subject:

Craig, I used to have all in binders too but they do take up loads of space. Now I just keep them stacked up season by season. Pre 60 stuff takes up very little room and I keep mine in plastic pockets, which when stacked up are only about a foot high. It's all the modern stuff, which you pay £3 for and is then worthless the next week, that takes up all the room.

So just go and get loads of pre 60 stuff!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am 
Post subject:

cardiff55 wrote:
Craig, I used to have all in binders too but they do take up loads of space. Now I just keep them stacked up season by season. Pre 60 stuff takes up very little room and I keep mine in plastic pockets, which when stacked up are only about a foot high. It's all the modern stuff, which you pay £3 for and is then worthless the next week, that takes up all the room.

So just go and get loads of pre 60 stuff!

Will do, Matt mentioned you may be selling up again?
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:23 pm 
Post subject:

Possibly, due to the reason for this thread....storage. I've got virtually all homes back to 1948 now but not bothering too much with aways.

If you want to make a hugely extravagent offer I will accept!!!
oakman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm 
Post subject:

Glad that im not the only one .... Mine are stored all over at the mo . Keep me brighton in the official binders in the loft, and Guildford City programmes in a4 binders in one season files in main bedroom .Me cup finals are in a storage box under the bed in room 2 . Lasts at grounds are in the other bedroom 3 in a binder ... Confused I love having them but space is a bit of a nightmare to say the least!!!
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

My Grantham programmes are in a mixture of folders and plastic wallets in my room, whilst my general league and Cup finals are in my purpose built 5x3 metre programme hut in the garden Smile

Pictured here

and here
Eddie Reeve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
in my purpose built 5x3 metre programme hut in the garden Smile

Do you not find that programmes get damp in the shed?
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm 
Post subject:

Firstly don't use the S-word !!! Shocked It's a log cabin Laughing

Not at all, been up over a year now, I check them on a weekly basis at very least and none of my 50k progs have shown any sign of damage.

I ran a trial of a couple of boxes to start with, didn't want to risk the whole lot in one go, and it keeps them at a nice temperature, even in winter I can go in their without the need for a coat.

Far better than my previous storage arrangements - garage and spare room !!
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:03 pm 
Post subject:

Love the Programme Hut Grantham! Very Happy

Craig - I would have thought you would have more space if you used plastic storage boxes - I use the ones that the really useful storage company produce. Whilst they are a little bit expensive they are really well made and stack really well.
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
My Grantham programmes are in a mixture of folders and plastic wallets in my room, whilst my general league and Cup finals are in my purpose built 5x3 metre programme hut in the garden Smile

Pictured here

and here

I am going to do this type of storage but in bespoke wooden finish...its going to go in one of the spare bedrooms. Ill get it made so can dismantle it easy enough if/when i move house.
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 pm 
Post subject:

cardiff55 wrote:
Possibly, due to the reason for this thread....storage. I've got virtually all homes back to 1948 now but not bothering too much with aways.

If you want to make a hugely extravagent offer I will accept!!!

£10 a season from 1948 - 1951 Wink
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

Here is mine:

The bottom shelf is all my Norwich homes from "winning" seasons. The middle shelf is mainly Norwich books and various programmes of events attended such as NFL, Wimbledon and Cricket and the top shelf is all NCFC home A4 programmes and videos/dvds. On top of the cabinet is a few boxes of programmes inc one for each time I visit a new ground.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: