Football Programmes Centre

Banners on Website
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Banners on Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:23 am 
Post subject: Banners on Website

Hello all!!

As you may have noticed, banners have started to appear on the website. This is purely to cover the costs involved for the hosting of the website as it has grown so large I can no longer fund it myself.

So why not sign up to Betfair (below!) today and bet on Barca to smash the Mancs tonight then everyones a winner! Laughing Sorry Leslie!

If anyone finds them too in your face just let me know and I can try and move them around or something, or also space is for sale on the forum for any dealers who may wish to buy it so just send me a PM.

All the best
Craig
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:50 am 
Post subject:

They are no problem to me Craig, i thought i was a thread about flags at games
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

Really no problem at all. Such a good site as this needs to cover its costs to stay online, and I prefer banners to no site. Simple really.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
realred

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:01 pm 
Post subject: Banners

Fully agree
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:34 pm 
Post subject: Re: Banners on Website

So why not sign up to Betfair (below!) today and bet on Barca to smash the Mancs tonight then everyones a winner! Laughing Sorry Leslie!

Except the Mancs!

No issues from me wth Banners brings a link to new people surely as well as some funding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

No problem with banners as you'll prob have mine up their at some times during the day Wink

I don't see it as a big earner for though. Based on my sites that have more traffic then this you can expect on an average of 20-30p per 1000 impressions for the top one. Football is not a great earner on Adsense.

Also you might want to consider something other then Betfair, the can't be many betting football fans that don't already have an account or have not already clicked on one of those banners at some time.

Still if people are prepared to support the site you might do well. I would say if anyone is intending on clicking the top banner in the intention of "donating" clicks ? it's best not to because the site may get banned by adsense if the pattern is picked up on. If it is the is no way back either.

Have you thought about sponsorship ? Even Barcelona are doing that next season Smile
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:58 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
No problem with banners as you'll prob have mine up their at some times during the day Wink

I don't see it as a big earner for though. Based on my sites that have more traffic then this you can expect on an average of 20-30p per 1000 impressions for the top one. Football is not a great earner on Adsense.

Also you might want to consider something other then Betfair, the can't be many betting football fans that don't already have an account or have not already clicked on one of those banners at some time.

Still if people are prepared to support the site you might do well. I would say if anyone is intending on clicking the top banner in the intention of "donating" clicks ? it's best not to because the site may get banned by adsense if the pattern is picked up on. If it is the is no way back either.

Have you thought about sponsorship ? Even Barcelona are doing that next season Smile

Good point about the betfair thing - i just got it up their quickly the other day to see what sort of feedback it got. Im currently looking for a better partner to place in this spot.

If the site could acheive 20-30p RPM id be extremely happy as last month the site had 250,000 impressions!! At the moment though its far exceeding this and getting about 55p RPM but i suspect this is just down the the curiosity of it being new and will soon drop down to a much lower level.

What do you mean about sponsorship?
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:22 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Kickoff3pm wrote:

Good point about the betfair thing - i just got it up their quickly the other day to see what sort of feedback it got. Im currently looking for a better partner to place in this spot.

If the site could acheive 20-30p RPM id be extremely happy as last month the site had 250,000 impressions!! At the moment though its far exceeding this and getting about 55p RPM but i suspect this is just down the the curiosity of it being new and will soon drop down to a much lower level.

What do you mean about sponsorship?

PM sent on sponsorship.

Your impressions on google adsense won't match your site states. I find google loses a lot of impressions.

Here's an idea, why don't people say what services they use on a regular basis. Then you find a online shop that has an affiliate scheme and perhaps have discount code.

Could be anything from folders to store programmes to replica shirts and other football kit. Put it this way if you can get just ten people on here to use your banner to change their gas or electric service you would earn between £300 and £700 from that.

You could run a monthly thread asking what people intend to buy soon and then find a banner to match. The must be ten people on here who will buy say a new white shirt for work ? that would be worth £2 a shirt to you.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: