Football Programmes Centre

PP or query specific area
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PP or query specific area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt blue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 am 
Post subject: PP or query specific area

How about a section listing all 92 league club so people can check for availability of programme ie if they were PP, aband etc etc

Would then save all the requests going all over the place as in the other sections ?

Would also make good reference so people could click on that club to check availability
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:26 am 
Post subject:

Very good idea indeed, would certainly make cross-referencing so much easier.

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:37 am 
Post subject:

Good idea we could also include friendly / european games as well programmes either in the same area or even a separate one. As both of these especially the European are particularly a grey area as regards if a programme is official or pirate.
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:07 am 
Post subject:

I proposed a similar request many moons ago and there's a wealth of information within this thread.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....ght=#12172

As Matt mentioned, maybe admin could provide a section. My postponed list is now updated and corrected thanks to some forum members.
Thumbs Up
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:28 pm 
Post subject:

I need to think more on this for a few days as i dont want to diversify the forum too much and thing this would be taking it too far. If the forum is too diversified then the sections will be less popular which will effect new users signing up and also current members posting into them.

Ive just created a teamsheet and an autograph collectors section and i have reservations about how both of these will get on and if they arent busy enough they will have to be reintegrated back into the "Other Memorabilia" section.

What about a compromise and i create 2 more new sections to the site;

Postponed Programmes
Reprinted Programmes

Then we can fill them with all information we have and using the "search" function of the site lets you search just within a certain category. So for example if you wanted info on Cardiff postponed programmes you could search for the keyword "cardiff" just within the "Postponed programmes" section.

What does everyone think?
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Sounds like a good idea Craig but maybe you could integrate it into the 'Queries About Football Programmes' section as a sticky rather than making another section.

As you mentioned, I also have reservations in regard to the new autograph and teamsheet sections but time will tell.

Whilst Iím here do we still need the previous seasons Tipster competition threads? Maybe thatís a question for Dan and Geddon?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 am 
Post subject:

Rocky Boro wrote:
Sounds like a good idea Craig but maybe you could integrate it into the 'Queries About Football Programmes' section as a sticky rather than making another section.

As you mentioned, I also have reservations in regard to the new autograph and teamsheet sections but time will tell.

Whilst Iím here do we still need the previous seasons Tipster competition threads? Maybe thatís a question for Dan and Geddon?

I tried to move them to an archive but then realised i cant do that at possible so im working on a new function which lets me archive them but still keep them on the system... mainly so the forum looks busy Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: