Football Programmes Centre

ANNOYED!!!!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ANNOYED!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PABLO76

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 pm 
Post subject: ANNOYED!!!!!

Having just spent half a hour writing out a wants list in PM, putting up with the bloody screen scrolling up everytime I go past about 5 bloody lines, I press submit and it kicked me out and asked me to log in again, losing the whole bloody message. Thanks.

By the way, this isnt the 1st time its happened.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: ANNOYED!!!!!

PABLO76 wrote:
Having just spent half a hour writing out a wants list in PM, putting up with the bloody screen scrolling up everytime I go past about 5 bloody lines, I press submit and it kicked me out and asked me to log in again, losing the whole bloody message. Thanks.

Pablo,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

For security reasons you are signed out of the website if you leave the page idle for a certain period of time which is i guess what is happening here.

I have changed this setting so that you should be able to stay logged in, even if you dont load a new page for 30 minutes.

Or also, if you tick "Keep me signed in" when signing into the website then you shouldnt recieve this problem again.

Craig
speedykev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 pm 

PABLO76 wrote:

It's so frustrating. I have encountered the same problem every time my post/message surpasses approximately 10 lines. Craig is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm 

speedykev wrote:
PABLO76 wrote:

It's so frustrating. I have encountered the same problem every time my post/message surpasses approximately 10 lines. Craig is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening?

Glad you posted here as i misread the original message and didnt notice this bit. Im not sure exactly what your experiencing. How often does it happen? What exactly does happen?

Do you know what browser (and version) your using and also what operating system?
PABLO76

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

Yes Kev, I think it might be around 10 lines.

Craig, after said amount of lines, as you are typing the page seems to automatically scroll up so you cant see the line you are typing, does that make sense?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 pm 
Post subject:

PABLO76 wrote:
Yes Kev, I think it might be around 10 lines.

Craig, after said amount of lines, as you are typing the page seems to automatically scroll up so you cant see the line you are typing, does that make sense?

As you type and go down the page, as you get to the bottom the top line should obvioulsy move up 1 line. But this i dont think is what your describing... So your saying you cant actually see what your typing? Is it just the text in the white box you type in that moves or does the whole page move up??

Do you know what browser you use and also does it happen every time or just occasionally?

Thanks
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm 
Post subject:

Craig - I have the same problem. I am using Internet Explorer, and I suspect its version 7 as I have recently wipped my computer and started again.

Once you have reached the tenth line (or thereabouts you can keep typing but you cant see what you are writing as the cursor moves to the top of the document.

Regards
Paulo
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
Craig - I have the same problem. I am using Internet Explorer, and I suspect its version 7 as I have recently wipped my computer and started again.

Once you have reached the tenth line (or thereabouts you can keep typing but you cant see what you are writing as the cursor moves to the top of the document.

Regards
Paulo

Okay brilliant Paul. To find the version exactly can you go to http://www.thismachine.info/ please and copy back to me the info you get told and ill look into it.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 am 
Post subject:

This may be a totally irrelevant answer but has happened to me. Do you by any chance have a mobile or blackberry by your computer when doing this and you are connected via wireless ? There have been times when I had a similar problem with different software and the screen kept jumping up to top due to interference. It resolved itself when I moved my mobile. As I said this could be totally irrelevant but just thought I would share.
speedykev

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Okay brilliant Paul. To find the version exactly can you go to http://www.thismachine.info/ please and copy back to me the info you get told and ill look into it.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8.0. Operating system - Windows XP.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks,

Ive made a chance to something which was a bug in IE8 so please can you report it this ever happens again so i can dif deeper.

Sorry to everyone who ever had this problem.

If you do have problems though, please let me know so that i can try and fix them as there may be things that i dont know are problems but really annoy you!
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:00 pm 
Post subject:

Problems with edit boxes can be down to user side. The edit box browsers use is provided by windows unless java based. I've had this problem in the past but can't recall it now. I would suggest all people who get the problem report their os, I'm guessing they will be Vista users Wink
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

The problem seems to have gone now.
Wish I'd said something months ago now.

More added to my wants list on 2- 5 09, just here ---- \/

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:09 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
Problems with edit boxes can be down to user side. The edit box browsers use is provided by windows unless java based. I've had this problem in the past but can't recall it now. I would suggest all people who get the problem report their os, I'm guessing they will be Vista users Wink

The problem, as with most problems in web development, is down to bloody IE and its pesky "quirks mode".

All sorted now though - fingers crossed! Ayatollah
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
The problem seems to have gone now.
Wish I'd said something months ago now.

Me too! Laughing

All sorted now though! Thumbs Up
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

Seems to be fixed for me has well. Thanks Craig! Cool
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 pm 

PABLO76 wrote:

Any update on the "logging out" problem?
speedykev

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Kickoff3pm wrote:

The problem, as with most problems in web development, is down to bloody IE and its pesky "quirks mode".

The same problem seems to be happening again Craig Sad.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

speedykev wrote:
Craig wrote:
Kickoff3pm wrote:

The same problem seems to be happening again Craig Sad.

IE 9 ?

I dumped that out of dispare a few weeks ago, also had to give up on Firefox too with the last few updates bring all sorts of bugs. I now use a mixed of IE 8 and Crome which people seem to like but I hate. God I wish I could go back to the days of browser that worked !!
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

If I have a long post I aways copy it before submitting because I have a shit internet connection so if it goes tits up I can just paste and try again.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: