Football Programmes Centre

FAO : MattBlue / Cardiff
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FAO : MattBlue / Cardiff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 pm 
Post subject: FAO : MattBlue / Cardiff

Whats your opinions on these mate?

Roger Coombes valued them for me about 10 years ago but i only really had a passing interest in them then, so i cant remember an awful lot about what he said.

I think he said Tanzania was about £80 (Its badly folded as you can see), Mauritius about £50 and PO Larnaca £40. I cant remember his comments on the others.

Ive not seen many/any of them come up for sale either so what is their availability like?

Also at the bottom is Cardiff V Sunderland, played at Maine Road. Its in Mint Condition, i think i asked ManCityMark about it about 6 months ago (before you were here) but he was unable to shed any light. Although ive not actively looked for other copies of it, the only time i have seen it was on EBay last week when it went for a tenner.

Thanks mate

matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 pm 
Post subject:

Your not selling them are you Wink

To be honest its a very nice selection of the more rare items, Rogers valuation would of be good at the time...I've known rog and tony for many a year.

Tanzania original - you have to be looking @ £100 even in its condition, ive just got the reprint

Mauritius - almost bought it @ £120 last year

Nantes - Its not as rare as a lot of people think - ive got a couple of it £40-£50 max

Mjondalen - See them now and again on the bay £50-£75

Zambia - The gem - never seen it ever - roger had one the last time I spoke to him but I wont say the figure that he wants for it as you will probably fall off your chair £250 min

Po Lanarca - I've seen a few the past few months, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately £175-£250 depending on condition

Nac - Very rarly seen £150-£200

Mancity - I see this about 10-15 times a year on ebay, but i do check ebay every 2 days lol .....£10-£20 max

Hope this helps

Matt Ayatollah
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

Thumbs Up Shocked Shocked

Cracking Matt,

And obviously im not selling them, sorry Smile

Whats Tanzania looking at in good condition?

You have to tell me what Roger was looking for for the Zambia programme...

Very happy with all the info supplied though Nod

I was lucky enough to be given a load of programmes when i was a nipper by various people. Im guessing all of these come from an Ex player as i also have his Players card from one year. Also have a nice poster from when we played Madrid - I think Roger offered me £100 for this back in the day too!

I've got a couple of tickets from the home leg v Madrid too... 3 i think and i think 2 of these are unused also. What sort of value you reckon to these?

Cheers! Ayatollah
matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad go on you no you want to Laughing

Add another 50 for tanzania...I think roger wanted £400 for the Zambia.but that is dealer prices..Same as my dad re programmes with some being given to him, check out the pictures below.

The poster is it the one with the bullfighter on it ??...Try and get it signed is my advice....you wont go wrong with min of £500...providing its in mint.

Real Madrid ticket £20-£30

Geddon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:51 pm 
Post subject:

Wow, some pretty rare programmes you've both got there!

I hope that Servette one isn't worth too much, I sold one to Craig on the old forum Very Happy

Do either of you know what's happening with Tony & Roger Coombs at the moment? Their website's gone offline and I've tried emailing them a few times but no reply.

They had a couple of progs listed on their site that I was interested in but could never get hold of them!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 pm 
Post subject:

Yes some very nice stuff there. Lots i havent even heard of aswell!!

Whats DWS-A?

and what was the Lugano game?

What sort of values for these?

My Esbjerg programme has the scores written on the front with red pen Sad I want to upgrade it but i saw it go on ebay last week for £40.. Seemed a bit high for me?

The BFC Dynamo programme reminds me that i have that hanging around somewhere too! Whats that worth and would you be able to give a complete run down of our european games by any chance as i only really have the ones ive shown and then Servette/Derry/AGF which i valued at all under a fiver anyway? Wouldnt mind building up the Euros away.
matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

I think they still trade but not with the website...I will give him a ring for you and see if theres a new email address
matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:10 pm 
Post subject:

DWS Amsterdam, we played a friendly there four page effort, ive only seen one other and that was around 2 years ago ...min is £150

Lugano was a celebration game 30/09/1959, we also played sunderland away in switzerland the same season 11/05/1960

Lugano generally goes for £60+

Esbjerg has been picking up value of late for some unknown reason no more then £30 should be correct

BFC Dynamo is £100 normally but dad was very lucky about 10 years ago and paid £2 for it at a programme fair, best bet is to look of german ebay... Wink

Will get a list sorted and post it up

Craig wrote:
Yes some very nice stuff there. Lots i havent even heard of aswell!!

Whats DWS-A?

and what was the Lugano game?

What sort of values for these?

My Esbjerg programme has the scores written on the front with red pen Sad I want to upgrade it but i saw it go on ebay last week for £40.. Seemed a bit high for me?

The BFC Dynamo programme reminds me that i have that hanging around somewhere too! Whats that worth and would you be able to give a complete run down of our european games by any chance as i only really have the ones ive shown and then Servette/Derry/AGF which i valued at all under a fiver anyway? Wouldnt mind building up the Euros away.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks mate thats wicked Thumbs Up

Will have to keep a look out for the ones you mentioned.

With regards the poster from Madrid - mine isnt the bullfighter one that there are reprints of, its with some player on. Ill get it down and take a photo now. Sadly its not in great condition!

Last edited by craig on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geddon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

mattblue wrote:
I think they still trade but not with the website...I will give him a ring for you and see if theres a new email address

Thanks mate, appreciate it.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:45 pm 
Post subject:

Just found the poster i was talking about.

Not in great condition but i think Roger offered me £100 for it 10 years ago;

Other things i found in the attic, amung a load of other Cardiff City related junk that i cant even remember keeping were;

Gary Bells players registration card from 1971 along with his official club photograph from Madrid. I also have somewhere a few of the itineraries from various european games he went on.

Ken Hollymans (first -i think) contract with City. Signed in 1942 by himself, Cyril Spiers and whoever was Chairman at the time (Ken Morgan i think without going back up to find out!!). I have absolutely NO idea how i would have got this!

Finally a picture from August 2000 with a very young me and 5 others presenting a cheque to Steve Borley, to buy the club on behalf of Sam Hammam. The cheque was signed by the 6 of us there and for £3m! Probably the biggest cheque i will ever sign and a huge privledge that i cant imagine many people get to experience!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: