Football Programmes Centre

Cardiff V Ipswich 2008/09
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cardiff V Ipswich 2008/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:54 pm 
Post subject: Cardiff V Ipswich 2008/09

Just had a look on ebay to see how much this programme is making.

Can someone advise why some have a replica of the 03/04 Cardiff V West Ham game included?

Thanks.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:01 pm 
Post subject:

They were all sold with a replica of the West Ham game. Not sure why but the replicas are just on matt paper - the originals were on higly glossy paper so its easy to tell the difference anyway.

There were 8000 programmes sold for the game (20,000 attendance). Our programme sales (so i found out yesterday) are normally 30/31% of attendance so obviously the sales were higher than normal but it didnt help at all with people going down to the ground at about midday and EVERYONE was buying 2+ programmes, most people around 4!!!

When i walked back down to the game then there was a queue of around 20 meters with people waiting to get a programme!

I have a couple of copies available at face value (£5) but id have to check on the delivery charge as they are quite heavy! (around 100 pages for main programme, then the replica too). I reckon there are so many on ebay at the moment though that you may be able to grab a bargain that way.
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Craig, does seem a bit random - was there any importance for that game.

By the way, is the programme worth getting? I see CCFC are still doing them at £8 inc postage, yet some have already gone for more on ebay!!!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 pm 
Post subject:

I personally dont see the relevance at all in the West Ham programme. It was just a general league game which we drew 0-0.

To be honest i havent read the Ipswich programme yet, so it may say in there why they have a copy of the Hammers game.

It looks to be a good read but i havent sat down with it yet.

And yes, Cardiff Citys official site are still selling the programmes (and also a teamsheet from the game) for £8 (inc P&P.). I just checked the programme at its 350g so its £1.08 for postage, add into that packaging and £8 seems a fair enough price.
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Craig. I will prob order one in the morning.
Geddon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

I was going to get my dad to pop in and pick one up on the way back from work tomorrow, but just ordered one online instead, didn't think there'd be any left.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: