Football Programmes Centre

How dumb am I?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How dumb am I?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigearl

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:19 pm 
Post subject: How dumb am I?

Just got Swansea v Scunthorpe 65-66 today. I was putting it away in the folder for that season and as I always do just had a quick look through that season. Imagine my surprise to find a copy of Bristol Rovers away from March 66. Especially as I thought I didn't have it. If a dealer I was looking on the other day did paypal then I would have bought thinking it was still there. Anyone else have tales of searching for programme that they didn't know they already had?
nozer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm 
Post subject: Your not alone.

You are not alone on this one ,has hapend to me several times , not so bad if it is in better condition than the one you already have.
Bought a Colraine v Distillery 57/58 recently that was in near "mint" condition ,while putting away found out i had it but in very poor condition T/Cs, Scores, S/S etc , so was well pleased with that one ,
Believe me it dose happen ,your not alone.
paulo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Post subject:

Just bought a job lot of ticket stubs thinking I needed three in it, only to get home and find that I already have one of them. That will teach me not to keep my list up to date! I paid slightly more than I would have had I have know this!
grantham

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 pm 
Post subject:

On the rare occasions I see job lots of Grantham programmes, I quite often buy them knowing I need only a few, but I always take the opportunity to compare the rest with my current copy, quite time consuming, but I treat a 'condition update' almost as important as ticking one of the list.

This obviously means I buy quite a few I already have, but worth it !!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

On many occasions I have bought a programme from ebay and then found I already have it when it has arrived. It should teach me to update my book more often but somehow it never does.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 pm 
Post subject:

I had an update of my prgrammes the other day and found two i thought i didn't have. Also i got three missing i'm sure i had ?? Confused
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: