Football Programmes Centre

Programme Monthly....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme Monthly....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 pm 
Post subject: Programme Monthly....

I picked up a copy of this from the National Football Museum in Preston, and have read it from cover to cover - it was great to read stuff about football programmes!

Does anyone else read this on a regular basis?

I'm seriously considering getting some back issues.
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hi mate,

I have until recently subscribed to the magazine.
A good little read, the offers section used to be a lot bigger than it is currently, guessing eBay has something to do with that.

I have about 100 if your interested? (PM me and will go from there)

also do you have a copy of 1959-60 Leeds V burnley prog?

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

How much is the annual subscription service or the monthly subscription?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:04 pm 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
How much is the annual subscription service or the monthly subscription?

Programme Monthly is a good read. Its £3.20 an issue but its packed full of content. Its about 70+ pages id guess and also there is a large "offers" section which comes as a supplment too.

The website is at http://pmfc.co.uk/ and if you email John Lister you can order that way.

There is also an "On the Net" article in there written monhtly by Kevin Artlett which is a good read and i'm hoping he will be reviewing The Programme Centre in an upcoming edition!
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Hi mate,

I have until recently subscribed to the magazine.
A good little read, the offers section used to be a lot bigger than it is currently, guessing eBay has something to do with that.

I have about 100 if your interested? (PM me and will go from there)

also do you have a copy of 1959-60 Leeds V burnley prog?

Hi - I've sent you a PM.

I'm afraid I don't have a copy of Leeds v Burnley 59/60 - my collection starts from season 60/61. The 59/60 season was when Burnley last won the league championship, so you might struggle to get it! I'll ask a few of my Burnley collector-friends though.
bjm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:35 am 
Post subject: Programme Monthly

I have been subscribing since Feb 87 (issue No.71) - now up to April, 2009 (issue no.337). Agree it is a really good magazine but if you want to build up a collection please let me know as I need some space and would be prepared to let them go (tho I will still be keeping up my subscription!).
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm 
Post subject: P.M

I used to subscribe to it, and will still pick a current copy up if I see one, but don't go out of my way now to do so. The adverts were what everybody bought the magazine for, and the articles were an extra (I used to contribute articles about Scottish Junior football on a fairly regular basis) The advertising section is dead now, unfortunately, because the world has moved on from expecting collectors to wait a month to be advised if they'd been successful with an offer. Ebay is instant,a nd PM can't hope to compete with that. Where I think PM has lost it's way is by retaining the same amount of advertising pages, but having very little in them nowadays. Don't know what the answer is as there is undoubtedly a niche in the market for a quality football colelctor's magazine. PM has filled that niche for the last 25 years and there's nothing else about, apart from some very cheap johnnycomelately type imitators. Needs to adapt though or I fear for it's future.
It can be accessed online for adverts and other items bar articles, just google Programme Monthly.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: