Football Programmes Centre

DEALER OVERPRICING
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DEALER OVERPRICING
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

Or some collectors who say they are collecting and selling for charity, Sherlock
RoddyN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:39 am 
Post subject:

Thank God for all the honest and downright reasonable dealers who have NEVER bought and sold items for cash and not reported this to the HMRC. Salt of the earth. You have my respect.

Well said Auchinlekiian.
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am 
Post subject:

This thread should be called "SELLER OVERPRICING" anyone can set up a website or sell on EBAY,,,,, It just means that there's alot of shite knocking around and this as always been the case ......... pre-Ebay days the cheeky barstools used to hawk it around fairs and sell out of their bags.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/b....._1_4549021

This must be the man in question.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:01 pm 
Post subject: Dealer Overpricing

It amazes me the prices some people ask for certain programmes on Ebay. There was a programme I was interested in recently. The dealer was asking £120 but invited offers, so I offered £100 and de declined it. His right obviously, but he has been trying to sell this programme for several months without success but still wouldn't knock £20 off the asking price to get rid of it. I don't understand it! Confused
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

same here, made a very reasonable offer on an item last month and got blocked!! Still not sold so sod him off, they'll turn up again eleswhere at the right price.

sellers / dealers really have no idea on prices or they just hope to snare the unsuspecting ebay newbie who doesn't research first.
What they THINK it's worth and what it's ACTUALLY worth are miles apart!

i picked up a 1972 european Cup Final last week for £77. I offered an ebayer £145 last month as he had it on for £175.... Confused his loss, my gain!
Other chancers have the same item (not mint either) on at £399 Shocked

Be patient, avoid the idiots and make sensible offers and the collection will steadily grow

Smile
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 pm 
Post subject:

on the other side of the coin is when for example you have something on for £100 and someone offers £5. i dont even reply to them now
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

I put a fairly common 1960s programme on eBay a couple of months back for "£3 Buy-it-Now or Make Me An Offer."

I got an offer for £6 !!

There's nowt so queer as folk, as my old Nan used to say.

Very Happy
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:21 am 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/businessman_stephen_cleeve_buys_king_s_lynn_town_football_club_from_buster_chapman_1_4549021

This must be the man in question.

That's not going to end well.......
slightfold

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:10 pm 
Post subject:

Perhaps there are a few on here who have not looked at the Collectsoccer website and revalued their collections accordingly. A good strapline might be 'never knowingly oversold.' Shocked
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:31 pm 
Post subject:

I think they have the decimal point out by a couple of places!!

A good job they're not estate agents...or maybe they are?
Simons1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Good one Tommy,

Never trust a man who has more oil on his hair than a BP Refinery.

He's quite unique, thrown out as a parliamentary candidate for being untrustworthy...... Confused

Now he's claiming he's interested in buying Wrexham FC...

Sounds like a top bloke, (well, Ken Bates banned him)..... Laughing

Sound familiar?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/m....._1_4550307
ianlambert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

In a similar vein, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who gets fed up wading through the same overpriced programmes on eBay. Describing something as rare does not in itself justify an inflated asking price, especially when the programmes have been relisted week-in, week-out for the past three to four years at least, and at the same flipping' prices. Jeez. It also doesn't help when club names are mis-spelt. Rant over.
silkman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:55 am 
Post subject:

I quite agree. There is some numpty who continues to offer programmes albeit not of a footie variety at the same ridiculous price week in week out.

They simply do not sell and guess what re listed same price.

Hey ho!
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

2014ekat on ebay is a total rip off merchant. A Rangers postponed match from 1980 v St Mirren was on for £5, I asked if it had an insert (still would be overpriced at £5) she said, if it had an insert it would be worth £30 (bull) next thing, the listing is gone and she has it with insert for £15, she obviously looked inside and found the insert because this is a run of the mill programme, it is rare to find one without the insert because none were sold until the rearranged fixture came around but generally overpriced stock and 60p + extra postage.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:55 pm 
Post subject:

not quite the same theme but some sellers are unbelievably impatient. I won an ebay item on Friday evening and this morning (just over 36 hours later) he/she has opened an unpaid bidder case. Shocking behaviour
RoddyN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

I just saw this same guy who is now Chairman of Kings Lynn is selling creased team sheets from a European game in Eastern Europe for £1.95?
What hope is there for the football Club if he needs to raise pennies on Ebay?

albion99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:33 pm 
Post subject: Unsure?

My last sales of programmes was back in 2015 when I disposed of 26 from a period around the late 40's early 50's
All were sold on Ebay and without any serious knowledge of what each might make it was all a bit hit and hope!
Looking back I think what I was paid for the 26 was fair and probably in line with what the market was then.
When I look now it seems more items are sold with a buy it now price tag which to my way of thinking takes some of the mystique out of what it is your selling and the value prospective buyers might be prepared to go to for the item.
I read with interest many comments on here about absurd values some sellers place on their buy it now items but I suppose if the seller gets it wrong and undervalues, someone gets a nice result as we occasionally read.
I've been pondering for a few days whether to put more on Ebay, albeit Christmas is not far away and that might dull the market, or is the 2017 market dull any way unless something unique appears?
Have I anything that falls anywhere near that category that's the intrigue of the auction for me!
I've been thumbing through what I have, looking for half a dozen to test the water.
I've always enjoyed comments on here, never quite understood the necessity to insult one another particularly when we seem to be a diminishing number of collectors!
I still have to buy a programme when I go to a game, but does anyone seriously collect the magazine issues of today, I'm sure they do but for me they lack a certain nostalgia.
Anyway all have a nice day and good luck to your respective teams except Tottenham this week (sorry) we desperately need points.

Con
Wave
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:56 pm 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
I just saw this same guy who is now Chairman of Kings Lynn is selling creased team sheets from a European game in Eastern Europe for £1.95?
What hope is there for the football Club if he needs to raise pennies on Ebay?

How do you know its "HIM" ???
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

I am always grateful to anyone who can be bothered to sell stuff on ebay, as I makes things available which I might want to buy. I must admit I have loads of low value stuff which I really cannot be bothered to sell, and sometimes I just chuck stuff away rather than try and get a quid or two.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: