Football Programmes Centre

Most expensive badge.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Most expensive badge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kstand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm 
Post subject: Most expensive badge.

The derby badge thread has got me thinking.

Whats the most you've paid for a badge?

For me, i paid £20 on a United youth cup winners badge.
RipleyRams

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

When I started off on my collecting journey, I probably paid over the odds for some items as I was unsure of how rare items actually were. After collecting for many years, I now have a better idea of what is the right price to pay and have fortunately built a few friendships with guys such as Footiebadgebloke Bow who is a genuine guy and will help any genuine collector. My advice, always try and get to the Stafford and Stoke fairs where you can pick up loads of badges and meet some great people.

As with anything though, prices are dictated by supply and demand and I am unfortunate that I collect a club (Derby County) which has plenty of demand Sad

In answering your original thread, I have never paid more than £50 for a single badge but wouldn't hesitate paying more if the right badge came up at the right price (and funds permitting).
houghmartin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

I dropped out of the bidding at £150 for the Crewe badge in my profile picture.... these miller ball badges seem to be the ones that fetch the most in the badge collecting world.
poprstick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 am 
Post subject: expencive badges

http://www.footinsignes.com/perso.special.htm

please, check this page
on 5th row, in the middle, are fifa congress badge from 1939
and 11 th row 3 prewar badges
with my name down
(it was my badges)
and whole page are full badges , every worth not less then 100 pounds
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:59 am 
Post subject:

£80 a couple of times for genuinely rare and sought after 'official' Palace badges from the 1940's.

There have been a few occasions in the last 5-10 years when older or rarer Palace badges I've wanted have gone for several hundreds, but I'm not prepared to spend that much, and have to be happy just to have seen a picture of it, knowing its gone to a better collection. I have a limit because otherwise where would it end!!

I'm not be beaten for a Palace (enamel) match badge that I need though - and luckily being new issues, they never come close to these sort of prices.

Most I think I paid for a match badge was about £25 for a 'corporate' Man United v Palace 2004/5 badge, made by Aquascutum and in a proper (quality) sprung-hinged box - the sort that rings come in from jewelry shops. Had to have it when I first saw it on ebay, now it reappears every so often and goes for a fiver or less. Crying or Very sad

I have quite a mixed collection to do with my club, I have a near-complete collection of cigarette and trade cards as well, a reasonable collection of programmes (got all the important games, and a decent sample from all the season back to the war and some beyond), then loads of random stuff - players shirts, goalie gloves, player tracksuit tops, tickets, postcards, yearbooks, pictures etc. The more unusual the better and anything commemorative is a must!

So I don't just stick to badges - if I did I guess I'd pay more for the badges, but I am interested in all sorts of things.
kstand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Ive only recently started collecting, so ive probably paid more for some of my badges than what they are worth.
maccawozzagod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

There are a handful of Stanley badges that are worth around £200-250. unfortuantely one of these (that I need) came up on ebay a couple of weeks ago whilst I am out of work. I was willing to pay a months worth of Giro's but it eventually ended up going to Russia for £475!

Good luck to the buyer but I want to complete the collection of badges to display at the club as a mark of its heritage, I'd never sell them and it was pretty galling to see it leave the country as it may be the only example of its kind out there .... but it might not be - I hope!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

One of the best Palace badge collections is being broken up and sold off at the moment because the seller needs the money. Two of the really rare ones are on ebay at the moment and are currently at £114 and £214 respectively.
I expect them to end up at about £300 and £200 each.

Haven't got either of them, but those prices are too rich for me!

There'll be several other 1930's ones in the next few weeks too, the seller will do very well out of it.

Personally I was dead chuffed at getting a 1970's enamel Palace badge that I didn't have the other day for under £30 - that's much more like my price range.
Deeley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 am 
Post subject:

On Saturday, a badge for the WBA v Wolves match was sold on ebay for £16.01.
Not a bad profit for a bog standard match badge six days old!
At that rate of inflation, I reckon this must be one of the most expensive badges sold recently!
Valky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 am 
Post subject:

I have spent around £250 on a few very old Chelsea badges - in particular the Gomm Ball badge that is rarer to find than Sir Alex Ferguson praising a referee. Just spent that amount on a 60 year old Chelsea stewards badge.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: