Football Programmes Centre

Newish collector
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Newish collector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joelinho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:30 pm 
Post subject: Newish collector

Hello there. I've just stumbled across this forum after collecting programmes for roughly 8 years. I've been looking for advice on how to store them and found some very useful information (telling me that I've been doing it wrong!) I wrap my programmes individually in plastic wallets and stack them in cardboard boxes according to the season. I haven't really had any problems with this other than the annoyance of having to unwrap and wrap each one after reading them!
I collect programmes from the games I attend (I'm a Morecambe fan) and am attempting to fill in gaps between these. I am also trying to get my hands on F.A. Cup final programmes when funds permit!

Any advice on storage and guidance regarding recommended binders would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
bladesmad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 am 
Post subject:

Tips on storeage is something I could do with too; currently I just keep them in a plastic box but I do want to preserve them more.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:04 am 
Post subject: Morecambe

I may have some sways v aldershot and Woking pm me if you are interested
RJ Programmes.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:12 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the forum! Have you found using the plastic wallets that any of the staples have turned rusty? Iv heard off a few people say sometimes the programmes sweat in them and turn the staples rusty. I use the sandwich bags and send all my programmes i sell out in them. For the large A4 ones i use two, one on the top and bottom and sellotape the two together.

Regards

Russ
Joelinho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you for your replies everyone! I haven't noticed any rust as of yet but I haven't been collecting for very long in comparison to some. I used to stack them without wallets but found that some of the ink from the covers would transfer to the back cover of the above programme. The plastic wallets were a basic solution to this problem, although I may have to look into alternative methods.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

I have loads of FA Cup final programmes available - let me know which you want.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: