Football Programmes Centre

Swans vs. Shrewsbury Last League Game at Vetch + Brochure
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Swans vs. Shrewsbury Last League Game at Vetch + Brochure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geddon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:06 pm 
Post subject: Swans vs. Shrewsbury Last League Game at Vetch + Brochure

I popped into our club shop the other day and noticed that they're selling the programme for this game and the commemorative brochure. I'm pretty sure that they're original programmes but didn't check, and I think they were priced at £1.50.

I'll have to check that next time I'm down there, but is anyone interested in them? I don't mind picking them up and sending them out, plus postage.

Also any Swansea homes from this season I can do the same for.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

If you find out what the postage is for a couple I'll take 2 at that price, one for myself and 1 for the stall.

Let me know when they reduce the opening game at the new ground as well, I'll take a couple or 3 of those too.
Geddon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:14 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom our club decided not to open the shop today when they had 1,600 people going to Cardiff, so I couldn't check today. Will do sometime in the week though mate.
paulo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Geddon - If you find out if they have any left I may get one as I am at the game Saturday.

Also - any advice on parking and a local pub for lunch? We will be looking for a speedy getaway afterwards as we have a long drive back!

Paulo
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

Paulo,

I'm not sure how quickly they've been selling or otherwise, just noticed a few of them when I was in there the other day.

We usually park at Landore Social Club, which is near the park and ride opposite the stadium. As you come down the A4067 to the roundabout outside the ground, take the right on the roundabout, up the hill under the railway bridge and then first left. It's three quid and they do food, but I have no idea what kind of it's any good! You should probably avoid the Railway and the Alma, but there's a Frankie and Bennies and a Harvester right outside, with a chippy across the road and a Pizza Hut and a Starbucks the other side of the river.

Alternatively you could head to Wind Street in the City Centre where there's plenty of pubs who serve food, but that's a fair way from the ground.

Hope you enjoy your visit anyway, should be a decent game with both sides needing the points, although I think we've definitely given ourselves too much to do now.
paulo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Geddon. I will print that off and take it with me.

We need a win, although I cant see it somehow as I thought you looked just about the best side we have had here this season.

Was having a look at your website earlier - love the covers of some of your programmes this year. Look forward to adding one to my collection.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

No offence Paulo, but please do us a favour Geddon!! Don't wanna see Norwich go down, but if its us or them....!!
paulo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
No offence Paulo, but please do us a favour Geddon!! Don't wanna see Norwich go down, but if its us or them....!!

I think the third spot will be Norwich or Forest I am afraid Mick!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:29 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah I think you're right!!
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:39 pm 
Post subject:

i want forest to stay up Very Happy No offence to norwich but have a few mates who are forest fans and they are all sound.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:30 am 
Post subject:

id prefer a draw to be honest, then we wont have to play the jacks in the play offs Laughing
paulo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:18 am 
Post subject:

Geddon - Thanks for the advice. We parked at the chip shop and got away very quickly. In fact I made the 8.18 train from Peterborough-Norwich, which meant we covered some 230 miles in 3 hours 10 mins!!! Some going that!

Paulo
Geddon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:57 pm 
Post subject:

Andy, I'm sorry mate but I forgot to check last week against Norwich. Went in yesterday ahead of our game but they'd sold out I'm afraid.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:21 pm 
Post subject:

Bugger!!!

Not a problem, I'll keep an eye on e-bay
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: