Football Programmes Centre

AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangersnz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:54 pm 
Post subject: New member

Hi new to this site and the community here looks fantastic.

I collect Rangers programmes and that is about it these days in terms of actively seeking out programmes, currently trying to fill in the gaps of my European aways games. The very first programme I remember having was the 1967 Cup Winners Cup Final that my Uncle gave to me, and since my Dad is a programme collector too I have been hooked since. I hope to one day own a complete post war, home and away, in all competitions, Rangers programmes set. Then if money allows pre war away games and friendlies that were produced.

I have also recently started buying Rangers away European game tickets on eBay, I will see where this goes as programmes are my main thing.

At present my collection has a very significant range of New Zealand domestic games, which I seem to be the only person who actually collects these things over here, and have really stopped as they no longer really interest me as I want to channel everything into Rangers collections.

What I do have is a small range of very rare New Zealand based games against British touring sides. Cardiff City, The English FA XI, England B, Wolves, Middlesbrough, QPR, Newcastle etc. and am tempted to sell them off in order to fund my collection pursuits, and want to sell them to fans of these clubs preferably.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:31 am 
Post subject: Welcome mate,

Welcome mate, hope the weather is better over there than it is here. Have you any Sheffield United?

Looking for the Blades against

Taranaki 1.6.75
Noumea 5.6.75 & 7.6.75

and any between Blackpool & Sheffield United (11 matches) at various New Zealand venues May & June 1965

Regards SB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
rangersnz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 am 
Post subject:

Unfortunately not sorry, I know someone who may have them though, will get back to you on it!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:58 am 
Post subject:

Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 am 
Post subject:

He RNZ

Bristol Rovers played in New Zealand at the end of the 1973-74 season. I have never been able to find out if programmes were issued for the games with these NZ sides
QUEENSLAND
NEW SOUTH WALES
NEWCASTLE
VICTORIA

Any help would be great.
Thanks, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
jacksprat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:28 am 
Post subject:

have u got manchester united in newzeland 74/75 season
robbo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 am 
Post subject:

Quote:
Welcome mate, hope the weather is better over there than it is here. Have you any Sheffield United?

Taranaki 1.6.75
Noumea 5.6.75 & 7.6.75

and any between Blackpool & Sheffield United (11 matches) at various New Zealand venues May & June 1965

Regards SB

Ayup Sharra!

I`ve got the prog v blackpool, er, not a spare alas. wasn`t here of course when it were played but they just had the one covering all matches.... BUT my issue i got off a grand Forest supporting prog collecter in Christchurch... i`ll email him to see if he has any other copies.

Also got the wellington & otago ones from `75 but no sign of a taranaki`un ... yet!

rangersnz.... i`ll pm you Mick`s contact email (christchurch), he`s loads of old programmes, hopefully a few rangers amongst `em, tha just never knows!!.

Alan Smile
matt blue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 am 
Post subject: Re: New member

PM sent Thumbs Up

rangersnz wrote:
Hi new to this site and the community here looks fantastic.

I collect Rangers programmes and that is about it these days in terms of actively seeking out programmes, currently trying to fill in the gaps of my European aways games. The very first programme I remember having was the 1967 Cup Winners Cup Final that my Uncle gave to me, and since my Dad is a programme collector too I have been hooked since. I hope to one day own a complete post war, home and away, in all competitions, Rangers programmes set. Then if money allows pre war away games and friendlies that were produced.

I have also recently started buying Rangers away European game tickets on eBay, I will see where this goes as programmes are my main thing.

At present my collection has a very significant range of New Zealand domestic games, which I seem to be the only person who actually collects these things over here, and have really stopped as they no longer really interest me as I want to channel everything into Rangers collections.

What I do have is a small range of very rare New Zealand based games against British touring sides. Cardiff City, The English FA XI, England B, Wolves, Middlesbrough, QPR, Newcastle etc. and am tempted to sell them off in order to fund my collection pursuits, and want to sell them to fans of these clubs preferably.
rangersnz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
He RNZ

Bristol Rovers played in New Zealand at the end of the 1973-74 season. I have never been able to find out if programmes were issued for the games with these NZ sides
QUEENSLAND
NEW SOUTH WALES
NEWCASTLE
VICTORIA

Any help would be great.
Thanks, Jamie.

Unfortunately those teams are in Australia so I wouldn't know lol
MisterGas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:50 pm 
Post subject: Reply

Welcome to the forum Rangersnz.

Pm sent to ya.
hulldon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 pm 
Post subject:

PM sent! Very Happy [/i]
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:01 pm 
Post subject:

robbo wrote:
Quote:

Taranaki 1.6.75
Noumea 5.6.75 & 7.6.75

Regards SB

Ayup Sharra!

I`ve got the prog v blackpool, er, not a spare alas. wasn`t here of course when it were played but they just had the one covering all matches.... BUT my issue i got off a grand Forest supporting prog collecter in Christchurch... i`ll email him to see if he has any other copies.

Also got the wellington & otago ones from `75 but no sign of a taranaki`un ... yet!

rangersnz.... i`ll pm you Mick`s contact email (christchurch), he`s loads of old programmes, hopefully a few rangers amongst `em, tha just never knows!!.

Alan Smile

Now then robbo,

just writing my appo for Speedy's Job, now he's heading off to the Valleys. I am currently 146th in the Daily Star fantasy football, so I think that could swing it.

Likewise I have got the Welly & Otago programmes, have seen Taranaki but haven't got it. Got the BOAC brochure programme, but there's one or two seperate one's, there's also the odd insert from some of the games as well.

Keep the faith, SB
robbo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Time i came back home & sorted the job, first thing is to remove all signs of pork... bloody ellis is the first for the chop, never liked him since i bought a packet of football cards in woodseats back in the mid sixties, never has a lad been more frightened upon opening his bubble gum. A face that launched a thousand "shites!".

If megson gets the nod, 3rd tier it is then.

Thanks for the info matey, i`ll keep looking! Smile
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's quality.

Got to agree about sammy boy, not just that he's blue & white, but like Speedy when they got rid of Blacky, nothing changed, it was all still the same set up. To be honest they have so many coaches and assistants, I don't know what they all do.

Megson is never going to happen on three accounts, and it's nothing to do with his ability as a manager.

1. He's Wednesday.
2. The Battle of Bramall Lane.
3. He's ginger.

All the best SB
jacksprat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

got any of the manchester united in nz sometime in the 60s
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: