Football Programmes Centre

Wants List
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wants List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 am 
Post subject: Wants List

Hello Everyone,

If the following sections were added to the website, would you use them?

There would be a "wants" section where you would enter the programmes you require via a series of drop down menus. For each programme you would select the home team, away team, competition and season. Other users would be able to view your wants lists and make contact with you if they could assist.

There would also be a "sales" section where you could list the programmes you have for sale. Again, via a selection of drop down menus you would enter the home team, away team, competition, date, condition and price. Again this section would be able to be viewed by other registered members.

Now for the really smart part - when you view your "wants" list, it would be flagged up automatically if any if your items were listed for sale on this website or in anyone elses "sales" list.

Finally, would you use the above services if their were subscription charges involved. Either just for sellers or for both types of accounts. Maybe it would cost £x per year to list your items and a bit more if you wanted to be able to sell online too. What do you think would be fair charges?

Thanks a lot!
Craig
rob71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:40 am 
Post subject: SELLING/ WANTS

Would definitely use these facilities. I would be willing to pay a small subscription for selling items as long as it was proved that there were enough people buying to make it worthwhile. Although fees on ebay are high the buyers are there already so it is relatively easy to sell. This will only work if buyers are encouraged to use the website. I really hope it takes off and I will watch with interest.
paulo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

I pretty much agree with Rob above and I would love to use this site to sell stuff.

I would prefer to pay only if an item is sold, rather than just to list. As someone who only has about 400 programmes to shift I would love to use a site other than ebay, but I do not want to spend a fortune listing when stuff many not sell.

Paulo
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:

I would be interested in both listing wants and items to sell.

I also use ebay due to the number of buyers. I would be willing to pay a percentage of any sales say 5-10% to support the service. This would also mean people could list without inflating prices. I have about 1,000 Worcester programmes to list which I would happily do for about 50-70p each plus postage if that was the case
Dellboye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

i think the wants system would be great and would mean i wouldnt have to worry about my website as your system would be a lot more efficient. I would also be happy to pay a subscription as long as it isnt a huge amount.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject:

I sounds like a really good idea to me.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

I agree with all the above, not really anything I can add!
YCFC1922

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:33 am 
Post subject:

Very interested in this idea, although think it will need some kind of feedback system(obviously like Ebay) to flush out any persisent timewasters.
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 pm 
Post subject:

I would definitely want to use it, and wouldn't mind paying a subscription fee.

The only thing I'd like to see in addition to what you've already got planned would be the ability to provide a picture if you want, and also to state the date of the game, because a lot of people will be looking for postponed games etc.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:39 am 
Post subject:

That's a valid comment geddon.

Also maybe the ability to add extra 'comments' to the stated programme.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Okay, thanks for the feedback guys.

Putting the basic building blocks into place has already started so the sytem should be in place in a few weeks.

Couple of questions then;

Would you think that £5 a year for the ability to list your sales and £5 a year to list your wants is a fair price? Too much? Too little?

We would love to be able to do it so that sellers only paid a percentage of the programmes they sell but this isnt possible as payment wouldnt be made through the site and would be made direct between buyer and seller, therefore there is no way of tracking what payments are made.

A couple of extra features that i never mentioned in the first message were that there will be some sort of feedback system to rank buyers/sellers in much the same style of ebay and the ability to leave comments. Also the sellers lists will be shown as supplementary results to searches carried out on the main section of the website.

On to Geddons post now; Pictures could be uploaded for the sellers lists. With regards to the date of the game though would you want this for the wants list, the sales lists or both? If i was putting in my wants list i wouldnt really want to put in the exact date for each programme and would prefer to just select the season. There would be a comments section on both the sale and wants items though where you could add a note to say mention that its the postponed game, any deficits etc
Geddon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:18 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Pictures could be uploaded for the sellers lists. With regards to the date of the game though would you want this for the wants list, the sales lists or both? If i was putting in my wants list i wouldnt really want to put in the exact date for each programme and would prefer to just select the season. There would be a comments section on both the sale and wants items though where you could add a note to say mention that its the postponed game, any deficits etc

I think that would be fine - I just wanted somewhere to specify for postponed games, I agree that it would be too much effort to go through every programme putting in the exact date of the game.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject:

I think a fiver sounds fine.
I assume that if you wanted to list your wants AND your sales then it would be a tenner.

Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 pm 
Post subject:

Count me in for another tenner !!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:35 am 
Post subject:

Yes PastPirate it would be £5/yr to sell and £5/yr to list your wants.

As for dates Preston WCFC... Depends how my workload in work is. I have a number of other websites i need to wrap up before i go away for a fortnight in January but im really keen to get this done as i reckon it would be a great idea and really help everyone.

I may launch the Wants list section first and give you all a few weeks free access so you can list your items whilst i work on the Sales lists section.

I will need a couple of people to test the Wants section of the site when its ready. Please apply within. Basically ill give you access to the Wants section, you then add in your programmes and report back how you found the system and how it can be improved etc.

Cheers all!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:50 am 
Post subject:

Yep I will be up for that.

James

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject:

Would you be able to have a field for condition, and maybe a selection criteria for the codes used, and maybe an outline of what the codes mean so that everyone is working to the same terminaology.

Things like:
TC to some people this stands for Team Changes, to others it means Torn Cover

Everything else that has been said i like the sound of and would definately take advantage of it, with regards to cost you mentioned £5/year to list sales and £5/year to list wants and was asking if this sounded ok, why not give this a trial run for a few months to see what you get in terms of interest, and then re-evaluate the cost. If you told people that your gonna trial these prices for a few months an then re-evaluate them and later.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for your reply and thoughts James.

Do you think there would be a need for "condition" on the wants list though?

There would be a condition field on the sales lists and also a notes field which you be used to describe any faults. The idea of having a uniformed abbreviations section is good though as also things like ph mean pin hole to some and punch holes to other - both are massively different!
johnwells

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 pm 
Post subject: changes

rather than a subscription fee to buy andsell ,what about the ebay type final sale fee for individual items.

also how would somone with many from one club,or sayc general N/L collector go on.Would he be willing to spend the time listing each one.

why not a lineage fee per adRATHER than the ideayou have. HE COULD SAY MOST HOMES AVAILABLE, PM YOUR WANTS LIST

say 5p perword ,

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 am 
Post subject:

We are looking into the possibility of implementing this is the near future.

If you have any more comments, ideas or suggestions for the wants list that have not been mentioned already can you please post them here.

Thanks
The Admin Team
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: