Football Programmes Centre

Milton Keynes Fair ? Thoughts Please
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Milton Keynes Fair ? Thoughts Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mancitymark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:50 pm 
Post subject: Milton Keynes Fair ? Thoughts Please

There is a cracking little venue near where I live here in MK which would be fantastic for a programme fair, It even has a small bar area Smile

My partner had a stall at a craft fair there last weekend and it holds around 20 - 30 tables, I've not spoken to the venue as yet so don't know the full details of hire etc but wanted to put the feelers out on here first to see how many would be interested in having a stall - I would happily organise the event if need be.

Mark Judge
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

The key to any fair is how well it is advertised. The cost of the venue hire and advertising can be costly but dealers will not come unless they feel the attendance will be 100 plus, which can only be realised with good advertising.

Last edited by Posh1959 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
infoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm 
Post subject:

Well I would certainly attend,along its on a SUNDAY.
lincolnredman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:37 pm 
Post subject: milton keyes fair

hi mark i would be interested in coming down and having a stand as along as it didn't clash with any of my other fairs.like posh says advertising is the key to any fair and if you are going to advertise in any match programmes you need to find the right people to talk to about it but let me know if you do decide to go ahead with it cheers dave
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, helped organise a fair at Gateshead FC back in early 2000s and it helped that the club had a slow-burn of mentioning it in the home programme for a good few weeks before event. Also think it got a mention either on non-league section of local radio and/or in local paper, so spread the word to media too if you can. Held it on a Sunday and went well. Best of luck with it.
kidders

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: Milton Keynes Fair ? Thoughts Please

mancitymark wrote:
There is a cracking little venue near where I live here in MK which would be fantastic for a programme fair, It even has a small bar area Smile

My partner had a stall at a craft fair there last weekend and it holds around 20 - 30 tables, I've not spoken to the venue as yet so don't know the full details of hire etc but wanted to put the feelers out on here first to see how many would be interested in having a stall - I would happily organise the event if need be.

Mark Judge

I'm very close (Buckingham) and would gladly lend a hand, I think a Sunday is best for any such event.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Mark,

I always thought it would be a great idea to organise a fair. Id attend happily which will be the first fair ive attended in years!!

There will be loads of people on here with experience organising things but id happily help with anything you need help with either in the run up to the fair and also on the day.

Sunday seems better to me as less games are played but its also worth considering when most programme fairs take place? As im guessing with over 30 years experience many of them will have worked out if they are best at the start/end of season, christmas or summer etc - however youd obvioulsy need to make sure there arent too many fairs close as that may put people off attending due to funds etc.

Cheers
Craig
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm 
Post subject:

If it is going to be some time after Rovers play MK at our place (Weds 2nd February) I will put an advert in our programme for you.

Cheers, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
mancitymark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the reply's people and the more I think about this the more I think we could set this up with a Sunday looking the best option. I will contact the venue today to get some idea's on costs etc, As many have mentioned advertising is going to be the key and I was thinking we could advertise here, obviously, MK Dons programmes and I could also go round all the local non-league teams here in MK to advertise there and even contact the 100's of kids football teams to ask if they could hand out flyers to the players parents etc, Maybe if we aimed for February/March time then we will have plenty of time to advertise the event, There many on here who have there own websites etc so maybe the could could promote it on there also.

Now I have no idea if this would be a profit making event but if that is possible via an entrance fee(£1) then I could donate any proceeds to a local family who's 5 year old lad who is suffering with high risk leukaemia.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 am 
Post subject:

mancitymark wrote:
Now I have no idea if this would be a profit making event but if that is possible via an entrance fee(£1) then I could donate any proceeds to a local family who's 5 year old lad who is suffering with high risk leukaemia.

Thumbs Up Happy with that.

I can help with creating posters, flyers etc for print and banners for internet advertising if required. You could contact John Lister too to see if you can get in the upcoming events... hopefully he wouldnt have a problem. And you could also get a 1/4 page advert as they arent too much from memory.

Cheers
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 pm 
Post subject:

mancitymark wrote:
MK Dons programmes

SPIT! Mad
mancitymark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm 
Post subject:

Niceone Craig Smile

I have spoken with the venue today and I'm more than happy to go ahead and arrange this for late Feb early March time ?

They have informed me the hall with hold up to 25 tables so what we really need to know now is how to attract dealers/sellers to the event and would they be interested.

Could anyone with experience of selling at fairs be so kind to PM details of costs etc for sellers

Another thing I need to look is time length of the fair as the hall works as an hourly charge

Cheers
Diamond Matt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:21 pm 
Post subject:

We would be interested in having a stall if we are available for when it is planned.

Where is the venue you have in mind? We do antique & collectables fairs so know about a few in the area etc.. Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: