Football Programmes Centre

portsmouth fan/s
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
portsmouth fan/s
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:18 pm 
Post subject: portsmouth fan/s

Any pompey fans on this forum , need bit of info / advice . Am going to P/mouth when sunderland play in may , prob is i mite not get 2 tickets for the sunderland end , had a look on pompey website and i can get 2 ticks next to the away fans . Question is : -(1) will it be safe to take 13 year old son with me in thier end and (2) where is row "V" , near the back / front or middle ? . Tickets are behind the goal in the p/mouth bit .
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

The only Pompey fan I've seen on here is Mikey B,might be a good idea to PM him.
Mikey B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there.

If you get tickets in that section you will be in the milton end. I would of thought you would be perfectly safe in that section as the 'hardcore' Pompey Fans are based in the complete oppisite end. There are no season ticket holders in the milton end. There will be banter between the two sets of fans but that is just normal. Not sure about row V, but i would assume that it is nearer the back of the stand, as i sit in row B in a different stand and that is at the front.

Hope this helps, enjoy your day Smile
certainlynot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 am 
Post subject:

Thx for the reply Mike , certainly does help .
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 pm 
Post subject:

Typicall , spend £106 0n train ticks , just uner a ton on accomodation , managed to get couple of vouchers so i could get in Sunland end and what happens ??? Setanta decide to show it live on a monday night , grrrr ,... all non refundable .
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Can you not write to Sunderland mate and see if they can do anything?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:41 pm 
Post subject: grrr

Absolutely fucking diabolical. When your football club sells it's soul to either Setanta or Murdoch you have to abide by their decisions - that's the nature of the beast, and it goes with £30 million plus every year for playing in the Premier League.
Here's a tip, I absolutely empathise with the way you've been ripped off, but I just can not understand why you, and tens of thousands of others put up with this shite, year in, year out. Why don't you take a big leap forward and start watching non league football in your area? It's not difficult, and you can still have the Balck Cats as your number one love, but you can wtahc football at an affordable price; when the fixtures are announced at the start of the season, you know that's when the game sare going to take place; you can park your car for nowt; you can have a drink, and mix with any away fans before and after the game; YOU CAN ENJOY FOOTBALL AGAIN.
Try it...it might seem strange the first time, but upon reflection you'll realise you've enoyed it. You'll save well over £1k per annum on home match expenses alone. I did it 18 years ago when I moved to Scotland, and have never looked back. Still watch my home town team, Grimsby, on the odd occasion my non league team don't have a game, and they're playing in Lancashire about 2 hours away. You won't regret it...it's like giving up smoking, and your non league team becomes your nicotine patch. Go on, you know you want to.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

Apart from 5 years out of my 32 watching football all I've ever known is non league.....

I was elated to join the 92 when we got promoted, devastated when we fell out of the league but at the end of the day the end product isn't greatly different, its just you watch household names at Everton/Sunderland etc, we watch names who are names in their own household! OK so Unibond Premier is a bit hard going at times, but last season in the BS North I saw most team try and play football on the deck, let me tell you there's not a lot of that in League 2!

Do as Uncle Auchinleckian says and get your arse over to Gateshead/Blyth/Spennymoor/Bishop Auckland occasionally......and you never know what might turn up in their club shops!
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:34 pm 
Post subject:

Was once a player and committee man of a now defunct Northern League Club . The pompey game nt really for me , but my son who is a sunderland fan , hasnt been to many away games so i thought i'd take hm to the last away game of the season ,
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:35 pm 
Post subject: non league

Oi, you young whippersnapper, just because I've revealed my age as 55 doesn't give you licence to call me "Uncle Auchinleckian" - albeit it does have a certain je ne sais quoi to it!
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

Forgot to add , am in the process of giving up smoking (3rd Month now) and its still as difficult as it was when i decided to quit . Am on the patch and loads of bloody chewing gum . ...........
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:15 am 
Post subject:

I have to say it's both bloody ridiculous and equally harsh on the few hundred determined Black Cats who want to go all that way to Portsmouth on a Monday night (no doubt many more would have gone on a Saturday or even a Sunday). I know that Everton have been dicked this way against Southampton before (and indeed vice versa, Everton v Southampton Saturday 12.30 am kick off)

I've been a loyal Everton fan for nearly 40 years now - and until recently was taking a 400 mile round trip to all home games (happily for me I live 15 miles from the ground now).

What I would say is this: Don't spend your money on away games - the cost is inhibitive for a start and more importantly the money isn't going into your clubs coffers (or if it is not much of it). With the exception of cup ties where the takings are pooled the home team sells the tickets - so barring any decent discount offered for (presumably no sale or return) tickets one struggles to see what the visiting team gain from the fixture financially. Stick to home games and give your club the money.

On a similar note I see the Sunderland v Everton game has been moved to 12.45 - or not as the case may be - if Man U make the CL Semis it moves to Sunday!
coolascustard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:44 am 
Post subject:

Derby were stuffed a few years back.
Plymouth v Derby sky decided to show it on a sunday 11 o clock kick off
I think the bus left at 4am.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:00 pm 
Post subject: sky

It's only when football fans wake up from their collective stupor and tell Murdoch to take a running jump tat things might slowly get back to normal. A lot of sentiments that I agree with on this subject on here, but as long as fans line up as mute cannon fodder to television they quite honestly deserve all they get.
Mikey B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:40 am 
Post subject:

certainlynot wrote:
Typicall , spend £106 0n train ticks , just uner a ton on accomodation , managed to get couple of vouchers so i could get in Sunland end and what happens ??? Setanta decide to show it live on a monday night , grrrr ,... all non refundable .

Sorry to hear that mate. They have done exactly the same to us, we have to travel to Newcastle on a Monday night! Our longest journey's of the campaign, you would think they use abit of common sense.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:51 pm 
Post subject: sky

Sorry if I'm starting to sound a bit of a bore about this subject, but why do fans think that their particular circumstances are going to be taken into account when there is the serious business of the relentless pursuit of profit to deal with? Don't forget, it is your moaning and whingeing, but ultimately doing absolutely nothing about it that perpetuates the obscenity of televised football. In turn, this guarantees vastly inflated wages to grossly over rated journeymen footballers, who also have no link or respect for the fanbase that pays their wages. Consider this, even if you're working for a slightly above normal wage - rather than the over inflated "average wage" - say £20k plus. Do you think that it's right that your rather meagre wage actually helps a Lampard, Ronaldo, Rooney, or whoever earn the kind of money that 99% of folk can only dream about, when there is absolutely no accountability for that wage?
It's easy enough to make the link between fans being shafted right left and centre by all concerned with the football product / brand. It's only when fans start to say "no" that the situation will have any chance of being redressed. It's an old adgae that the customer is always right. Unfortunately in this case, it includes the punter having the piss ripped out of them. Wake up, act now, move on.... there's a whole new world awaiting you in the wonderful world of non league football.
stodin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 am 
Post subject: Re: sky

Auchinleckian wrote:
It's only when football fans wake up from their collective stupor and tell Murdoch to take a running jump tat things might slowly get back to normal. A lot of sentiments that I agree with on this subject on here, but as long as fans line up as mute cannon fodder to television they quite honestly deserve all they get.

While I agree 100% with your rantings about non league football v the pro game, you do sometimes sound like an ex smoker having a pop at smokers.

I am sure people with a bit of sense will wake up and smell the coffee, it is just taking them a bit longer than us. Wink
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

certainlynot wrote:
Forgot to add , am in the process of giving up smoking (3rd Month now) and its still as difficult as it was when i decided to quit . Am on the patch and loads of bloody chewing gum . ...........

Get an E-ciggie CN.
I have one and it's great. Plus I can smoke it in the pub.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:34 pm 
Post subject:

No idea what an "e-cig" is , now into 3rd month with no smoke , into 3rd day with no patch , however , i'm slaughtering the bloody chewing gum .
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:19 am 
Post subject:

Go here. http://www.smokewhenuwant.co.uk/ it will explain how it works.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: