Football Programmes Centre

AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 pm 
Post subject: new member

Hi Lambie The shirt on display at Turf Moor is Billy Watson`s which the supporters club bought about ten years ago , i do believe George Halley`s shirt is still with his family although the club are aware of it`s whereabouts, i bought Bert Freemans shirt at auction in 1995,in glasgow, i am wondering if the National Museum in Manchester would be interested in loaning the shirt, i will contact them when it opens, could you give me a bit more info on the booklet you have many thanks
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject: Crystal palace

Hi again I have found the press photo it is a fascinating crowd scene overlooking the match which I believe to be the 1913 fa cup final between Aston villa and Sunderland at crystal palace. I don't know how to upload photos but can send an email if people pm me
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:09 pm 

Hi Holtie I would love to see the picture, l probably know the one you mean, but if it`s an original press photo, i would be very interested in it
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:18 pm 
Post subject:

[list=]Pm me your email address and I will send photo[/list]
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 pm 

Hi Juanjo 1898 is by far the most difficult final to find any memorabilia from, i have recently bought an F A council members badge, which belonged to A G Hine who was a Nottingham man, i also have a grainy newspaper photo of the game , i know the official match programme came up a few years ago at auction, but apart from that nothing, one question i have, regards the photo of the winning Nottingham Forest team with the cup, is that they are wearing Derby County shirts, can anyone shed any light on that
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Syd. Appreciated.
Any idea how much the programme went for?
I'm guessing you didn't buy the actual Cup when it came for auction a couple of years ago!

Regarding the official picture...
From http://www.u-reds.com/fans/robraynhampage.asp
"Another oddity was the official photograph of the Cup winners. It was customary in those days to photograph the Cup Final teams before the game – both with and without the Cup. It was a dull, overcast day apparently and the photographer deemed Forest’s red shirts too dark to provide enough contrast against the chosen background. He therefore suggested that Forest wear Derby’s white shirts for the picture, which is presumably why they all look so glum!"
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:34 am 
Post subject: Picture

Syd please can I have your email address so that i can email the photo?
Cheers
Holtie
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm 

Hi Juanjo thanks for the info regarding Forest wearing Derby County shirts, very interesting, imagine that happening today, i don`t think so, When the f a cup was sold.i was sat in the front row,it was a priviledge to be there, unfortunately it was a bit out of my price range. An 1898 cup final programme came up for sale in 2003 it was a trimmed copy, so not the complete programme, it still sold for £4500 just one more question, if you are a forest fan, what is your biggest derby game?, v Derby County or v Leicester City all the best Andy
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

The sheep definitely.
Then it's a toss-up between lessda, the blunts and red bindippers. All hated fairly equally.

lessda hate us more than we hate them. sheep is about equal. Notts also hate us, but most Forest fans look on them rather patronisingly as like an annoying kid brother, which seems to wind them up even more.

Personally, I also hate naaridge and spuz, but am not too bothered by the blunts.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:25 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there Sydenham,
Just got a new catalogue from www.footballprogrammes.com, and if you pre-order the 2011 FA Cup Final programme from their website, they will give you a faithful replica of the 1911 Cup Final programme (played at the Crystal Palace, which is what you collect)
Not sure if you've already got that programme, but if you havent it's a good offer I reckon.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: