Football Programmes Centre

AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:41 pm 
Post subject: new member

just discovered the excellent Football Programme Centre website, it will be great to discuss collecting with other members with similar interests. I collect memorabilia relating to the Cup Finals played at the Crystal Palace between 1895-1914, i am on the lookout for any kind of memorabilia produced for the finals, i have built up quite a nice collection so far over the years. it would be great if there are any other members with similar collections. Also does anyone know if any kind of programme/souvenir was produced for the 1901 cup final replay at Burnden Park between Spurs and Sheff Utd
RobertD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am 
Post subject:

Hi
The sort of people that own these are usually not desperate for money and sell for other reasons. I have a friend who is selling some Derby,Shefield Wedneday, Spurs tickets from this era BUT really wants to sell them to collectors of those clubs rather than to dealers or mass collectors who just collect anything.
Due to the fact these are so rare and the sellers are usually very well off moneywise it can be hard to build up a good collection from this time period. The hardest Cup Final ticket to collect is the ones from Aston Lower Grounds, they are RARE, have only ever seen two before and not for twenty years.
The replay in 1901 did have tickets but they were very different from the Crystal Palace style ones, there were three different types, dark green for the centre part of the stand, these were FA council seats ie free, red tickets for Block A and light green for Block C. Blocks A and C had a price on but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
From a safety point of view, I would not give your address out on here due to the fact you have already told everyone you have a high value collection.

Good luck

Robert
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the forum mate.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 am 
Post subject:

Welcome to the forum. I'm a Crystal Palace FC collector - mainly badges and cigarette/trade cards, but I do occasionally buy pre-WWII Palace home programmes if they are a bargain on ebay.

I'm also trying to collect all the enamel badges for the Cup finals you refer to (they were produced a couple of years ago) but I haven't got many, and it's not high priority for me really. If you have any doubles of those you wish to sell I'd be interested, but I suspect as they are a 'modern' replica item, you won't be too interested.

My Dad did a painting of the old Cup Final Ground which you might like to see - it was based on all the info and pictures within the book "To the Palace for the Cup!" which I'm sure you know about! It sits proudly on my wall at home and is a unique bit of memorabilia! If you're interested I could email you a scan of it or post it on here if I can work out how.

Out of interest are your programmes for these finals originals or the replicas?
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:29 pm 

Hi Dorking Thanks for your reply, firstly, i would love to see a photo of the painting of the cup final ground by your father, also most of my collection is featured in the book ` to the palace for the cup`an excellent book covering football played at the Crystal Palace. I don`t collect the enamel badges you mention but i will look out for them and l will keep you posted if i come across any of these, finally all the programmes in my collection are originals. i recently picked up the 1909 cup final w h smith card at a local auction,
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:10 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

We probably have a mutual aquaintence then - Don Madgwick - an absolute Crystal Palace fanatic! He mentioned to me that he knew the person whose memorabilia features in that book a few years ago when there was a possibility of the CPFC Centenary Project setting up a museum at Crystal Palace station (via lottery funding). In the end the lottery funding went towards a CPFC oral history project and website instead. Hey ho!
I'm very envious of your collection - it is truly fabulous!

The badges I was referring to are part of an enormous series covering all FA Cup Finals and they mostly look like the ones via the links below (sorry for the poor quality scans - that badge is in a plastic sleeve)

http://theexecutivesolution.websitetoolbox.com/file?id=621171

http://theexecutivesolution.websitetoolbox.com/file?id=621170

I'll post up a scan of the painting I mentioned in the next day or two - it is heavily based on the double-page colour spread from the book of the painting of the Corinthians playing there in the 1920's - I hope you'll be impressed!
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 am 
Post subject:

sydenham hill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm 

Hi Dorking Thanks for the link, unfortunately i can`t access the picture of the painting, do i need to register to the Crystal Palace website first? I met Don Madewick a few years ago at the Palace, he showed me around the Low Level station building, that would have been the perfect place to display my collection, it was in the process of being refurbihed, thousands of fans would have walked through the station building to make there way to the slopes on Cup Final day, i do visit the Crystal Palace on a regular basis, it would be great to see the inside of the building again, regarding the badges, i know the ones you mean they often come up on Ebay, because they are modern i`ve never considered collecting them, are they available to buy anywhere else? regards Andy
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:03 am 
Post subject:

No the badges are only really available via ebay

For the painting, try looking at this page (and scroll down a wee bit)

http://theexecutivesolution.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4759257
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 am 
Post subject: Cup finals

Would you be interested in original press photo?
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:40 pm 

Hi Holtie I would be interested, if it relates directly to the final. regards Andy
RobertD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Andy

if you check your NTL email, you will find some interesting diagrams about maintand/grandstand layouts in the early 1890s,
I have plenty of other information as well but would really like the information that I asked for so I can add it to the guide in the ticket section.

Thanks

Robert
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:04 pm 

Hi Dorking Still unable to access the painting, maybe there`s a problem my end, but i`m sure we will get there in the end regards Andy
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 pm 

Hi Robert Thanks for the diagrams of Burnden Park and Goodison Park they are really interesting, also any info or contact details relating to cup final tickets or early cup finals would be very much appreciated, regarding the information you require, my 1912 cup final counterfoil is measured 1 and a half inch across by 3 and a half inch, the dressing room pass is measured 4 and a half inch across by 3 and a half inch, my 1914 ring seat ticket is measured 5 inch across by 4 inch, the 1901 cup final ticket is measured 4 and a half inch across by 3 inch unfortunately my camera is not connected to my computer at the moment as i`ve recently bought this computer, but i could send you a good laser colour copies to you if required, let me know about your dinner menu interests as well many thanks Andy
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Andy

I collect Burnley programmes but the 1914 FA Cup Final has eluded me so far. I put a four figure bid in at Graham Budd's earlier this week for a Royal Box copy complete with outer card cover and tassel, though it wasn't in particular good nick tbh and went for £1200.

I do have an original newspaper with a match report for the game - can't remember which paper atm as it's stored in the loft, but I may be open to an offer if you are interested.

Cheers

Lambie
Garry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:30 pm 
Post subject: Re Bradford City FA Cup 1911

Hi Mate do you have anything relating to Bradford City's FA Cup Final Winning season of 1911 ?
Regards Garry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:09 pm 

Hi Lambie I did`nt go to the auction, but the condition of the 1914 programme did`nt look great, maybe the price reflected that, i too would like a 1914 cup final programme, i do have Bert Freeman`s shirt from the game along with other memorabilia i also have an original newspaper ( the Daily Graphic) which has photos and match reports, can you let me know which newspaper you have, is it a local Burnley paper?.
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:19 pm 

Hi Garry For some reason 1911 cup final memorabilia rarely come up, unfortunately i only have a colmans mustard vesta case from this final, i do have a small collection of memorabilia on display in the Bradford City museum, i e a Dickie Bond cap, various postcards of the 1911 team along with some other stuff.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:08 pm 
Post subject:

Bert Freeman's shirt is certainly worth bragging about! He scored the only goal of the game of course. I think one of the other players shirts (possibly George Halley?) is on display at Turf Moor. The paper I have is a London paper I think - I'll check it out early next week. The only other memorabilia I have from the game is a glossy booklet issued by a Burnley company after the game.
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

Hey Syd.
Just wondered what stuff you had from the 1898 final?
Have nothing myself, or want to buy unfortunately, but just interested in what stuff you had, as Forest won it that year.
Thanks
J
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: