Football Programmes Centre

Bad Vibes over Ticket Deal Response
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bad Vibes over Ticket Deal Response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm 
Post subject: Bad Vibes over Ticket Deal Response

oldbolt wrote:
BertD wrote:

Like yourself, I've experienced nothing but good vibes from the members herein. But that doesn't make a good story, of course.

I can think of several posters giving out bad vibes on this site.

A guy from Cyprus who asked for a deal on a bundle of tickets and then listed them on ebay a couple of weeks after getting a generous discount from one of the sites regular posters.

Sorry, I've took this from the current PM thread (it got a mention), but started a new one as it has nothing to do with PM

So in response to the above, I may be in a minority of one, but this has been troubling me for a couple of months.

Originally, Roxy complained that he'd sold CyprusChris56 some tickets, gave him a large discount, and two weeks later they were on ebay.

I think everyone would have been in agreement that it would have been courteous to have said 'thanks' etc, etc, but then there were a few condemnations of the deal itself.

In reference to the deal , when it came down to it, the seller offered the tickets at a price he was happy with, the buyer accepted. The buyer didn't make a derisory offer, it was the seller who set the offer and then accepted.

Sorry lads, I can't see too much wrong with that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
CARLISLE ONE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:26 pm 
Post subject: ok

I disagree with the above here, ,,this is a collectors forum rather than a traders,, where the emphasis is on helping one another in the hope this will be reciprocated, and in the main, it is. It isnt profit based in my opinion.

But as we know,, opinions are like belly buttons,,,, weve all got one and they dont hold much water....
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

CARLISLE ONE wrote:
I disagree with the above here, ,,this is a collectors forum rather than a traders,, where the emphasis is on helping one another in the hope this will be reciprocated, and in the main, it is. It isnt profit based in my opinion.

But as we know,, opinions are like belly buttons,,,, weve all got one and they dont hold much water....

Fair enough, Carlisle. As I said I may be a minority of one.

But if I ask £100 for say a 1000 Utd programmes, I agree then he sells them next week for £200 to somebody else, then good luck to him, after all they're his. It was me who set the price, nobody else, I can't really moan, he didn't hold a gun to my head to sell them.

We would all like to think that when we sell a few programmes/tickets we're helping out people to fill the holes in their collection, then they pass it down to the kids etc in years to come. The reality is that this isn't always the case.

A Collector's forum, nice theory.

There are numerous amateur dealers on here, many of whom don't realise it or won't even admit it. And there are a number of full time dealers who read this as well.
Every new member who puts on a welcome post saying 'Hi', gets bombarded with numerous offers of programmes, most of which he or she hasn't asked for. Are you suggesting that practice is purely to help and not profit based?

You're saying the emphasis is on helping each other, it should be, but is it always the case?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
CARLISLE ONE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:02 pm 
Post subject: OK

As say mate, all about opinions, I have about 20000 programmes and I'll use Ebay to trade, here to basically swap.
Your points are relevant and true however.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:11 pm 
Post subject:

I think that for every member on here, there will be a different response to this. We all know of people on here who are very knowledgeable, have built up impressive collections over the years, and are happy to pass on their expertise and help out other members with their wants. At the other end are people that have googled and found this site and see it purely as an opportunity to sell their programmes to make money. I would say that most of us probably fall somewhere in the middle, me included.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: