Football Programmes Centre

Newcastle v Notts Forest FAC 73/74
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Newcastle v Notts Forest FAC 73/74

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm 
Post subject: Newcastle v Notts Forest FAC 73/74

Hi

The initial fixture which was played at Newcastle 09/03 was replayed at Goodison 18/03 due to to crowd trouble. This match ended goalless and so was then replayed in the more traditional sense 21/03 which Newcastle went on to win 1-0 en route to the final.

Was there an issue for the second Goodison match ; Newcastle v Forest 21/03/74?

cheers
Piebald

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 pm 
Post subject:

I remember attending both Goodison matches with Forest supporting friends and that we couldnt find a programme on the night for the second replay.But no doubt one of the Forest collectors will reply on your question.Incidentally think at the time there was a feeling that after the first replay was a draw the next match should have taken place at the City Ground..but its all a long time ago!!
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:20 pm 
Post subject: Newcastle v Forest Cup.

Was at this game at Goodison ,remember chairs & tables coming through the windows of The Wimslow pub in Goodison Road ,when fighting brock out before kick-off, the bus i was on with a pile of Forest fans in to Liverpool City Center after the game was ambushed in Scotland Rd and all the windows put in ,..... ha thows were the days,
I always thought there was goals in that game at Goodison, and i am sure there was a programme published , but as you say it was a long time ago.
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers fellas, neither of you would have a ticket from either / both goodison ties available by any chance?
Cheers
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm 
Post subject:

Piebald wrote:
I remember attending both Goodison matches with Forest supporting friends and that we couldnt find a programme on the night for the second replay.But no doubt one of the Forest collectors will reply on your question.Incidentally think at the time there was a feeling that after the first replay was a draw the next match should have taken place at the City Ground..but its all a long time ago!!

There's still a feeling the replay should have been at Forest.
We were robbed and the hooligans who invaded the pitch won - the FA's usual incompetence reinfored the idea for fans that a pitch invasion could end the game in their team's favour.
Newcastle should have been slung out of the FA Cup for 10 years.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:53 pm 
Post subject:

One programme only for both games - I assure you. That doesn't mean to say that one or two fortunate ones have teamsheets (at the time they issued them to 300 Club members and Directors).
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am 
Post subject:

For those of you who remember, and for those who don't, the match at St James Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4C_wPTgb4

Bigdoddsy is that you at about 25 seconds in? Laughing

And yes Juanjo, Forest were robbed. Big time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info on this fella. I was only ever aware of one programme covering the two but wasnt sure if id been mistaken after overhearing a conversation at a fair in wallsend when one of the punters claimed that there were two issues..........

Id just turned 1 at the time so defo wasnt me on the video, well not that i can remember, but who knows, guess it all depends how many bottles of Brown me mam had given me the night before Laughing

Cheers
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that info, as I had separate programmes on my wants list, so that's one less for me to worry about!!

Talking to some of the old boys at Forest now (50+), they still have a hatred for Newcastle on a par with most Forest fans hatred of Derby as a result of what happened. They were the Forest lads of their day, and after the Geordies invaded the pitch, they say that some of them regretted doing it!!
stodin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:04 pm 
Post subject:

A relative of mine went to those games. The story goes that after the game at Newcastle their bus got attacked, some of the Forest fans got off the bus and had a bit of a scuffle, during the fighting a couple of them kidnapped a Newcastle fan, bundled him onto the bus and drove him to the midlands before releasing him unharmed.

After seeing that footage I will be having words with the Forest number 4 when I see him later, what was he playing at? Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: