Football Programmes Centre

Adding "Year Bars" to badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adding "Year Bars" to badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:37 am 
Post subject: Adding "Year Bars" to badges

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could give any advice regarding adding "Year Bars" to badges.

I have some enamel badges, WITHOUT the loops at the bottom to hang the bars from and wonder if they could be converted by a badge maker?

Also where to get (red and blue) year bars up to the current season?

There is a seller on ebay who sells the odd year bars (albeit yellow and blue ones) and the Colchester United supporters association still sell badges with the loops and bars to go on them (or to extend existing badges) every season (albeit in blue and white.

Many years ago someone suggested a contact at Reeves in birmingham, but I've long since lost their details and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

I know it's mainly a Speedway badge thing, but I've always thought badges with the bars hanging down off them look great and wanted to make a few sets up for my own collection.
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 am 
Post subject:

Thats a tricky one.............. I think scouring the Speedway section on EBay is probably you best bet for year bars, for fixings have you tried craft markets or anywhere where they make and sell homemade jewellery
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 am 
Post subject:

Cheers FBB.

I last asked about this 2 years ago on 'the other forum'!

Getting recent year bars in red and blue is nigh on impossible!

Reeves do re-enamelling, so the route I'm going to try is to try and get a set of alternating blue and white ones from CUSA and then get Reeves to Re-enamel the white ones in red.

Haven't worked out how to get the first loop onto the badge, but it will probably involve a few 'donor badges' and some experimentation with either araldite adhesive or a soldering iron!

I'll keep this thread posted with progress (can't be any slower than the last one!)
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

Some success - Colchester Utd Supporters Association http://www.cusafc.co.uk/id3.html have a reasonable supply of old year bars (all the way back to 2001) plus all the 1970's and random other old ones.

Reeves have been supplying them with the bars since 1947! They even looked into getting more of the old years but the cost proved prohibitive. Apparently there are Cardiff and Millwall fans buying the bars every year too!

I've bought a run of year bars going back a decade, and now I'm looking into getting the white enamel ones changed to red enamel.

Next update when I've made some more progress

Last edited by Dorking on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:05 pm 
Post subject:

Very quick update - I've received the year bars from CUSA. Perfect condition! Also have gota speedway badge from ebay which will be the 'doner' for the loops.

Next job is to try and find some way of getting the white bars re-enamelled in red
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: