Football Programmes Centre

1966 World Cup Final game programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1966 World Cup Final game programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm 
Post subject: 1966 World Cup Final game programme

Hi All,
My friend has got a copy of the programme from the final game, and has asked me what it is worth, and if I know anyone who might want it. I had no idea, so said I would ask. It has a blue cover, and he reliably informs me that the bit of the Player's no. 6 that is supposed to be grey, is (I didn't even know that, so he must have done his homework!!). It has some very slight creaasing to the cover, otherwise its ok. Does anyone have a value, if so, is anyone interested?Cheers,Mick.
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: 1966 World Cup Final game programme

ForestMick wrote:
Hi All,
My friend has got a copy of the programme from the final game, and has asked me what it is worth, and if I know anyone who might want it. I had no idea, so said I would ask. It has a blue cover, and he reliably informs me that the bit of the Player's no. 6 that is supposed to be grey, is (I didn't even know that, so he must have done his homework!!). It has some very slight creaasing to the cover, otherwise its ok. Does anyone have a value, if so, is anyone interested?Cheers,Mick.

Sure way of telling if its genuine is
The West Germany is clearly in blue. The Players advert is definitely two tone grey.The Cadets advert is red (is there a better slogan the 'You'll never get a better cigarette at the price'?). Slazenger is clearly visible on the balls in the centrefold. You can see the pattern on Harewood's tie. It weighs 131 grams.
They would sell for approx £80 (Although dealers tend to ask for anything around £200).
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

Yep that sounds right, he's told me it has all of those. Thanks for that.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:33 am 
Post subject:

Mick.

Put a couple of photos on here.....Soon tell.

Is it free from writing ?

Cheers Mr G.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:24 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah it is Mr. G., but I don't have any photo's, as he's got it with him. If anybody was interested in it, I reckon I could get it off him for someone on here for a good price, but I would be relying on you for that price estimate. Otherwise he's gonna put it on ebay next week.
lfcbaggy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:41 am 
Post subject:

I have the same programme but it has been signed on the front cover by...Sir Geoff Hurst and Nobby Stiles

how much could this fetch?

Thanks.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:56 am 
Post subject: hurst auto

Are you sure it's original? A number of years ago Geoff Hurst signed hundreds of facsimile programmes, and they were sold in Programme Monthly for about £40 if I remember corretcly.
lfcbaggy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

it was signed by Geoff at my work "Ping Europe" golf factory so i know he did it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: