Football Programmes Centre

Programme / Memorabilia Insurance
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme / Memorabilia Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addicks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 pm 
Post subject: Programme / Memorabilia Insurance

My programme / memorabilia insurance has lapsed and I was wondering which companies people use for their specific programme / memorabilia insurance.

I was prviously using Michael James from Croydon and they were charging about £80 for £11,000 cover.

Does anyone have a cheaper option?
coolascustard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

Have you tried compare the market or one of those websites dont know if the do that sort of thing.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:58 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't know such a thing existed, I just added mine to my home contents insurance. Is that a cheaper option then?
addicks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

My home insurance company would not allow me to cover that large a collection on my house insurance. If you have not I would check with your insurer that the whole collection is atcually covered.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

I work for a well know insurance company (think Lucky the dog), and I know for a fact the only 'collections' we cover under the contents insurance are stamp, medal and coin collections.

Your programmes WOULD be covered under your general contents cover anyway but I don't think many claims advisors would believe you if you said you had football programmes worth in excess of £5,000+.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:34 pm 
Post subject: INSURANCE

NEVER BOTHERED WITH IT IN OVER 25 YEARS COLLECTING. I KNOW IT'S PERSONAL CHOICE, BUT IF £80 IS AN AVERGAE CHARGE, AND TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INFLATION, I'VE SAVED OVER £3,000 BY NOT INSURING. WE WORRY TOO MUCH. HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW WHO'VE EVER LOST A COLLECTION DUE TO AN ACCIDNET AT HOME? I'VE NEVER COME ACROSS ANYONE YET.
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

A few years back I lost 5 season's worth of homes and awaya when moving house. The box that they were in was in a kitchen when it flooded after some idiot (me!) unplugged the washer without turning the water off.

My standard home and contents insurance covered it. Although I still haven't managed to replace all of the programmes that were ruined.
matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

As my dad is over 60 he added the programmes to the home insurance, think by adding £15,000 programme cover it added £40 to the premium..We have a lot more programmes then £15k, but in 25 years of living in the house weve never had an issue..the insurance chappy did say to get a full estimate and they would amend accordingly.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: