Football Programmes Centre

Special Auction Services
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Special Auction Services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 pm 
Post subject: Special Auction Services

Had one commission bid in on the auction, was quite hopeful, then bidding started Sad

LOT 204
Football programmes: Wrexham homes, 1947/48-2007/08 inc. Gateshead 47/8, Grantham FAC 49/50, Hartlepool 50/1, Oldham, Bradford City, Chesterfield (piece missing throughout), Leyton Orient FAC, Rhyl Welsh Cup 51/2, Southport 52/3, Chester 53/4, Barrow FAC 61/2, Southport FAC 62/3, Zurich, Hajduk Split ECWC 72/3 etc (gen gd/vg) (approx 70)

70 to 80 (GBP)

Sold for £260 !!

I only wanted one of the programmes, so a little too expensive for me, anyone on here win it by any small chance ?
Maidonian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:43 pm 
Post subject:

Had exactly the same problem at the Stevenage auction in May where two programmes I needed were part of two separate lots, one of which sold for £360 and the other £180.

Although I was able to ascertain that David Allen purchased both lots, when I got in touch with him to ask whether there was any chance of a private sale, he said that I would just have to wait until they were listed...

I've accepted that the programmes I require are unlikely ever to be listed as individual items at auctions and will always be part of a general lot... but I hope you have better luck in obtaining the programme you needed grantham.
fergierfc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm 
Post subject: auctions

Had a few bids in for rangers items european away programmes didnt win them although my bids were meagre compared to the winning bids in most cases what i find is that its a few issues i require amongst the bundle ....no idea who won the lots i will need to keep my eyes open .
mark f no surrender Easy
Museum de Latique

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

Prices where not as over the top as the Sporting memories on Thursday but still a bit up compared to recent auctions.
bjm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am 
Post subject: SAS Auction

I was at the Auction (for most of the time!) and Spurs away progs certainly exceeded their estimate e.g Lot No. 7 Tottenham aways 1949/50 v Stoke FAC. Barnsley, Bury, Bradford PA, Cardiff, Grimsby, Leicester & Sheff.Utd(all with scores neatly noted on line-up pages o/w gd/vg) est £80 - £120: went for £520. I was interested in Lot No.57 At Crystal Palace. Corinthians v Old Wykehamists, 3 Oct 1931, 3 page issue vg: est £30 - £50. I dropped out part way through and it finally went for £90.
tcno10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:05 am 
Post subject: Re: SAS Auction

bjm wrote:
I was at the Auction (for most of the time!) and Spurs away progs certainly exceeded their estimate e.g Lot No. 7 Tottenham aways 1949/50 v Stoke FAC. Barnsley, Bury, Bradford PA, Cardiff, Grimsby, Leicester & Sheff.Utd(all with scores neatly noted on line-up pages o/w gd/vg) est £80 - £120: went for £520. I was interested in Lot No.57 At Crystal Palace. Corinthians v Old Wykehamists, 3 Oct 1931, 3 page issue vg: est £30 - £50. I dropped out part way through and it finally went for £90.

For me,the estimates mean nothing.......
in lot 7 above - the Barnsley away is £200 - 250 on its own so how they get £80-120 for 8 Spurs aways from a very collectable season is laughable.Had there been no interest say at £100 this item would have been passed over - no way would this have been allowed to sell.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: SAS Auction

For me,the estimates mean nothing.......
in lot 7 above - the Barnsley away is £200 - 250 on its own so how they get £80-120 for 8 Spurs aways from a very collectable season is laughable.Had there been no interest say at £100 this item would have been passed over - no way would this have been allowed to sell.[/quote]

I don't think an auctioneer would set a reserve higher than the lower estimate. If the estimate was £80-£120 the reserve the would have been £70.00 or £80.00 at the very most. There are often low reserves on items at various auctions just to get people there, if there is a chance bargains are to be had more people will go.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

Its just like eBay where sellers start the item at 99p just to get the interest and bargain hunters but then have a whopping reserve
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: