Football Programmes Centre

Rare ones.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rare ones.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:57 pm 
Post subject: Rare ones.

Blackburn v Leeds 59/60,would pay a Kings ransome for this in mint condition.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:19 am 
Post subject:

The rarest programme i need for chelsea is Chelsea vs stoke 1952-53 as it is the only programme i have never seen from the whole of the 50's on ebay. I have been told it can go for up to £50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:

A rare one that I'm looking for is Burnley v Bristol Rovers dated 26th January 1996 - this was a postponed game, and apparently only 8 copies of this programme exist.
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

A rare one is the hillsborough programme. 15th April 1989 Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest. I have the rearranged game but am after this rare rare programme
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:26 pm 
Post subject:

Think I replied to you on the other forum about this one BC. I have seen a copy of this one so it does exist. Sadly though I don't own one either. Wonder if either of us will ever own one?

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:45 pm 
Post subject: Rare ones.

Hi all,

Anyone seen these programmes? Do they exist ??

Macclesfield v Winsford, Cheshire Cup 2nd Round, 14 Feb 1948.
Wycombe v St.Albans, FA Amateur Cup 4th Round, 25 Feb 1950.
Barnet v Wycombe, FA Amateur Cup 4th Round, 23 Feb 1952.
Yeovil v Sunderland, FA Cup 4th Round, 29 Jan 1949.
Cheltenham v Reading, FA Cup 1st Round, 17 Nov 1956.
Morecambe v Weymouth, FA Cup 3rd Round, 6th Jan 1962.

Have you got a spare copy at the back of the cupboard ??
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

anfieldpurch wrote:
A rare one is the hillsborough programme. 15th April 1989 Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest. I have the rearranged game but am after this rare rare programme

Darn it. Didn't know this one was rare.
Sold it a few months ago for £3.00

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:47 am 
Post subject:

It's not that rare mate, plenty around if your patient.

£3-£5 is probably about the right price.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:54 am 
Post subject: Rare Ones

Whisper it but things are looking up for me re Blackburn v Leeds prog 59/60,irons in the fire ,and yes i am going to have to pay a Kings ransom but well worth it IMHO.
Geddon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:33 am 
Post subject:

Swansea vs. Stourbridge Welsh Cup 1973/74 is a right pain in the harris to get hold of.

I've seen it on ebay once or twice before, usually goes for around £70-£80. The reason it's so rare is that it was at a time when we were struggling to get 1500 for league games, so the crowd for this game was around 500, and Stourbridge reached the final that season, their best run in the competition.

There's one on ebay at the moment, not too confident of getting it for the £35 I've put as my maximum though.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:26 am 
Post subject:

Theres a few difficult Cardiff ones to get;

West Ham home '65-65 league cup. Ive only seen it on one of the main dealers website over the last year and it was going for £300. Its on ebay at the moment and is up to about £40 with 2 days 11 hours to go. I expect it to shoot up over the next 2 days. Also two welsh cup matches.. kidderminster and worcester, both at home welsh cup, both with a tiny printrun...both will set you back £50 to £80, very very rare.
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Theres a few difficult Cardiff ones to get;

West Ham home '65-65 league cup. Ive only seen it on one of the main dealers website over the last year and it was going for £300. Its on ebay at the moment and is up to about £40 with 2 days 11 hours to go. I expect it to shoot up over the next 2 days. Also two welsh cup matches.. kidderminster and worcester, both at home welsh cup, both with a tiny printrun...both will set you back £50 to £80, very very rare.

I know i need the Worcester one !!!
Geddon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:02 am 
Post subject:

On the subject of Welsh Cup programmes, I've got one against Abercynon in 83/84 which is just a team sheet, as far as I can tell that's all that was issued for the game. Not seen it anywhere else, but managed to pick it up as part of a bulk lot from a guy I know who was looking to get rid of his collection.

Then again, away programmes in the Welsh Cup seem to be relatively easy to get hold of, I suppose simply the draw of playing a league club for teams such as Stafford, Worcester and Kidderminster led to increased print runs.
Geddon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

Managed to get that Stourbridge programme for £35. Not exactly cheap but far better than what I've seen it go for before, so I'm happy with it.
bjm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:06 pm 
Post subject:

Just out of interest, went to the CAMEO Football & Sporting Sale this week (650 lots and I can thoroughly recommend their Sales) but two items which, for me, stood out: Red Star Belgrade v Man U 5 Feb 58 Euro Cup i.e game prior to Munich Disaster. This had an estimate of £1200 - 1600 but actually went for £1050. However item no.34 was Rotherham v Brentford 10 Jan 48, programme, ticket & photo of match action. This had an estimate of £30 - 50 which I thought was reasonable - it finally went for £430 ! At the other end of the market - lot no.442 "Aldershot homes, 1960's onwards, good quantity of 1960's games incl. League, FA Cup etc, gen gd/vgc, 300 plus" est £40 - £60 went for only £20.
CTFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:59 pm 
Post subject: Re: Rare ones.

crowdedhouse wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone seen these programmes? Do they exist ??

Cheltenham v Reading, FA Cup 1st Round, 17 Nov 1956.

This one does exist am trying to get a copy myself but always get out bid on ebay
stodin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

anfieldpurch wrote:

I had 4 copies (I was at the game, Forest end), sold 3 and kept one for my collection.

Rarer still is the ticket stub, Forest fans had to hand in the stub from the original game to get a ticket for the rearranged game. One of my mates did not want to go to the rearranged game so I had his stub off him. Ebayed it a couple of years ago for a dissapointing 40 quid
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:58 pm 
Post subject: Hard to get Progs

QPR v Leicester City Pre-Season Friendly dated 03/08/71 is one of the most hard to find QPR progs as the game was postponed at the last minute. I struck lucky as managed to get one at a carboot sale.
Also Red Star Belgrade v Leicester in the UEFA Cup played in Vienna, prog for some reason was not available in the away section of the ground.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:23 am 
Post subject: Rare Progs and Prices.

Of any interest to you DELLBOY ,Blackburn v Chelsea 63/64 sold on Ebay 2/1/09 for....£105 ,Rare apparently?.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:35 am 
Post subject: Re: Rare Progs and Prices.

Molineux Phil wrote:
Of any interest to you DELLBOY ,Blackburn v Chelsea 63/64 sold on Ebay 2/1/09 for....£105 ,Rare apparently?.

Yeah i saw that one go. Im not sure why its so rare but when I eventually go into collecting chelsea aways I will put it on top of my "rare programmes wants list" just below the 1965 league cup final vs leicester(@leicester)
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: