Football Programmes Centre

The Quest for the 92
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Quest for the 92
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:59 pm 
Post subject:

As I said earlier lads, some really cracking effects, Clap , although it appears there's a tinge of insanity there somewhere, Nice one superajm for the charity effort. I'll update the thread throughout this season, just in case anyone wants a programme from the game we're going to. Anybody wants a Sheff Utd programme from Bramall Lane this season, just let me know a couple of days before hand (Cover price plus postage). 28th August onwards as I'm going to Cyprus shortly Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
giorgio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:03 pm 
Post subject:

I'm on 89. Thought I'd treat myself for the last one at Lincoln in October and have paid a small fortune to sit in the directors' box with meal etc included. After that, there are 5 teams I have to see again as they've moved and I have to go to Oxford Utd again due to re-election. Should all be finished this season though.
It's taken a few years and has been lots of fun. Met someone once who claimed to have done it in one season spending £10,000.
BertD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 am 
Post subject:

giorgio wrote:
there are 5 teams I have to see again as they've moved and I have to go to Oxford Utd again due to re-election.

And this is where I find it strange. Club rules that serve no real purpose other than to force further expenditure on members. I've been to Bootham Cresent. I saw a league game there. If they get back in the league, what's different? I've also only ever seen a reserve team game at Cambridge United, but if you ask me if I've been there am I supposed to say no because a) they're no longer in the league or b) I haven't seen a first team game there?

Maybe I'm feeling a little renegade tonight, but my rules are simple. Rule, in fact. Have I seen a game there. Anything else is just piffle.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 am 
Post subject:

BertD wrote:
giorgio wrote:
there are 5 teams I have to see again as they've moved and I have to go to Oxford Utd again due to re-election.

And this is where I find it strange. Club rules that serve no real purpose other than to force further expenditure on members. I've been to Bootham Cresent. I saw a league game there. If they get back in the league, what's different? I've also only ever seen a reserve team game at Cambridge United, but if you ask me if I've been there am I supposed to say no because a) they're no longer in the league or b) I haven't seen a first team game there?

Maybe I'm feeling a little renegade tonight, but my rules are simple. Rule, in fact. Have I seen a game there. Anything else is just piffle.

Madness - so you qualify but then when they come back to the FL you have to go again? More than harsh on those members who come from the other end of the country to do it again!! I've only been to 40 odd grounds (and from memory Oxford at the Manor was not an Oxford game but what the hell, I don't want to go to every ground (old/new etc.) - I've been to Bournemouth and Yeovil for friendlies v Everton - and several ground visits but not inside. I'm not counting them but I claim some familiarity with the venue and that does me - after all it's just a bit of fun isn't it? Smile
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

I can see where your coming from lads, currently in Cyprus so not got much time but did catch Pegeia (Cypriot cup holders) lose 1-0 at home to Apollon Limmassol. Typically missed the goal taking one of the lads to the toilet. See you next week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:

Quote:
Madness - so you qualify but then when they come back to the FL you have to go again? More than harsh on those members who come from the other end of the country to do it again!!

100% agree lads. Bert, the rules do have a purpose, the 92 club is exclusive, and in any walk of life members of so-called exclusive clubs, want them to remain shall we say remain...errrr exclusive, and therefore keep moving the goalposts as it were. Your final paragraph sums it up perfectly. (Sorry for shouting). As Dan mentions, it's a little harsh as a Sheffield United fan having to go back to Torquay and Exeter because they got relegated and then promoted back. After all they're still playing at the same ground.

Latest update (for me & the little un's): APOP Kinryhas Peyias@Peyia Municipal Staduim, Belper Town@Christchurch Meadow, England U17s@Glanford Park.

PS: the game in Cyprus was slightly warmer than sunday's at Scunny

Unfortunately, none of the above help in the quest for the 92 but as Dan mentioned it's all supposed to be a bit of fun
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

Latest update in the quest for the 92 is quite simply

I haven't been anywhere, I can't the prices are crippling.

The prices at the moment are ridiculous, even for One adult & 2 under 7s.
The boys are too young for United away's, they wouldn't see anything and for Derby & Leeds (£58 & £59)
Mr Bates can shove that where the sun don't shine.

Does anybody know if their club (let's say North of West Brom) have got some decent offers coming up November onwards? (except Walsall, who keep sending me emails with great offers, I'll be back later this season).

I would have taken them to Villa v Burnley in the League Cup (£20 for us all), last week October, (school holidays), but they're away at Cleethorpes (that'll be warm).

And don't mention Grimsby, £30 (all together) to watch Histon.

Am I sounding a tad bitter tonight?

No wonder attendances are falling.

SB
foxes1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:58 pm 
Post subject:

We usually charge for away fans £26 for adults under 8's £3 apart from against the so called glamour games against Derby Laughing Forest Very Happy Leeds Shake Coventry Shocked when why that is I dont know as you are not guaranteed to see a better game. Sheff Utd are not classed a glamour game Thumbs Up
BertD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:06 am 
Post subject:

Not exactly the 92 (or the 91 as us Wimbledon fans call it Sad ), but I've managed a few new grounds this season, Tiverton pre-season and Beaconsfield SYCOB for a reserve team game, as well as Southport (where I bumped into Tyne Topics) and Kidderminster last Sunday (where they ran out of programmes, grr - although I managed to pick one up). Getting into anorak territory there was also a game on Cobham's outside pitch for a reserve friendly and I saw the ladies play on Predator's second pitch as the first team pitch was still recovering from re-seeding.
Senior82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:13 pm 
Post subject:

In a moment of madness I have bought a ticket to see Wednesday at Yeovil, and booked my train ticket to see us at Exeter
tcno10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:17 pm 
Post subject: madness

Yes Andrew,

MADNESS INDEED !!!!
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

Interesting that you mention pricing Sharrowblade as I am of to a meeting tonight with senior board members at Norwich City to discuss next years season ticket and casual price structures. Wont be able to say to much on here as it will be confidential but I will be campaigning for a slicker ticketing structure. We currently have 5 different price levels that the club pick and chose from.

I personally would like to see clubs try and fill their stands rather than try and fleece those that still go to the max!

Afterall I though the point of proffesional football was to be played out infront of people rather than empty seats.

Its a sad day when people and their kids are priced out of the game - once you get out of the habbit of going, it becomes easy not to return, once you notice how much you save by not going. Thats the position I am in now as I cut a lot of aways and England homes last season and have not ventured back yet due to cost.
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

Senior82 wrote:
In a moment of madness I have bought a ticket to see Wednesday at Yeovil, and booked my train ticket to see us at Exeter

Thats what L1 is all about getting to the new places. I loved the (Cool new grounds I got to last season, if like this season we had been in the Championship I would probably made half that.

Yeovil = awful, just because of the location and how long it takes to get out.

Exeter - Up there with the most friendly of clubs I have been too.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 pm 
Post subject:

Been to the 92 previously but currently missing four new grounds (Burton, Cardiff, Morecombe & Doncaster). Find it harder these days to summon the enthusiasm to visit these new ones. Can't be bothered with any "rules"; if I've seen a game at a ground then it counts.

Been to 200+ grounds abroad (last up were Andorra National Stadium & Girona last weekend) but not many non-league in this country.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:

Does anybody know if their club (let's say North of West Brom) have got some decent offers coming up November onwards? (except Walsall, who keep sending me emails with great offers, I'll be back later this season).

SB

Dont know if you're interested, but Wolves are doing an offer for the Bolton game on Nov 13. 2 adults & 2 kids for £40.
To be fair it's not looking to be the most thrilling game, and with the way we're playing hoofball, row ZZ might give you an eye level view of the game, but there ya go!!

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 pm 
Post subject:

I have some discount vouchers for anyone wanting to take in Everton. Season ticket holders get a couple of discount vouchers - £15 for adult £5 for junior - not including the 'Premium Games' (which I think are Liverpool, Man U (played), Chelsea and maybe 1 or 2 others)...

PM me if you are interested.

Dan
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:06 pm 
Post subject:

PM Sent
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

Reply sent Smile
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:07 pm 
Post subject:

Okay, I'm foregoing the pleasures of the surroundings of the Keepmoat on Saturday and we (the munsters and me) are heading to the KC Staduim for Hull-Pompey, followed by the Lincoln Programme fair Sunday, that should please the missus Smile
Senior82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:42 pm 
Post subject:

Went to the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday for Arsenal V Shakhtar, and i'll be in Frankfurt for Eintracht V Schalke on Saturday. I didn't manage to get a ticket when England played there in WC 2006, so i'm four years and four months late. Better late than never I suppose!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: