Football Programmes Centre

Photocopied teamsheets
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Photocopied teamsheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addicks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:59 pm 
Post subject: Photocopied teamsheets

I have noticed a large number of photocopied single sheet programmes doing the rounds on ebay and have even been sent them when dealing with dealers. These include press team sheets as well as reserve and youth team games. The problem I have is knowing if they are club issued or someone is photocopying the originals and selling them.

I know at Charlton that they have used colour and photocopied issues as 'official' issues.

The worst example i bought was a single sheet that had the fax information at the top of it where the sheet had been faxed through to Charlton from the away club and then sold by Chgarlton when the club used to sell away programmes in the shop.

I guess my questions is how do you know.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 pm 
Post subject: team sheets

Why bother with them in the first place? The programme is the only officially sanctioned matchday issue. You're more often than not paying for a photocopy. Why waste good money for something that some unscrupulous bastard is churning out on a photocopier at pennies per dozen? Don't get into the habit of thinking you must have everything to do with your club, stick to programmes, tickets and handbooks and you'll not go far wrong. They've been ripping off stupid punters abroad for years with pirates in the Champion's League, but you still get really gullible folk paying top dollar for shite. It just ain't worth it.
addicks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:45 am 
Post subject:

This appears to be happening more though with reserve team and youth team and some friendly issues as well. There the single sheet issue is the only issue. If you are not at the game yourself you cannot tell whether you are buying a black and White original or a black and white copy.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: