Football Programmes Centre

help required, Eddie O'Donnell Dumbarton FC...57-60
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
help required, Eddie O'Donnell Dumbarton FC...57-60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CALEDONIANDY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:06 pm 
Post subject: help required, Eddie O'Donnell Dumbarton FC...57-60

hi there, sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

i am going to start researching my dads football career and i hope to get any match reports, photographs, newspaper cuttings, anything at all, hopefully to get it together and present it to him in an album for his birthday.

also looking for websites/archives that could help me with this

I only have a few original registration as a professional player slips from the sfa, also a couple of photocopies of certain items.

My dad is called Edward O'Donnell born 1937, played in goal for Dumbarton FC from 57-60??

he played with port glasgow juniors for 3 months prior to joining Dumbarton.

he was selected to play 4 times for greenock and district.

he also play for the army on a few occasions.

i have a great photocopy of the team and intinery for the scottish command X1 v dunfermline reserves sat.9/8/58..my dad was with the black watch at the time.

many years ago my mum contacted dumbarton football club and asked them did they have anything of note re my dad, she was informed that there had been break ins and fire over the years and had lost lots of important items relating to the club.

in 2000, i noticed an ad in the daily record looking for ex players of dumbarton were being invited to the last ever game at boghead, i duly contacted the club and was delighted when they said my dad was to be one of the many ex players turning up on the day. my dad had a great day and he met a few old friends he hadnt seen since his days playing with the club, it was great seeing him on the pitch at half time and giving him a great cheer when they annouced his name.

if no one can provide me with any help, thanks anyway for reading the post.

really look forward to seeing if anyone has any info
Geddon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:04 am 
Post subject:

Hi Andy,

I'm afraid that I don't know an awful lot about Scottish football so can't be of any use to you at all, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to. Good luck anyway, sounds like a lot of work, but definitely something you/your dad can be proud of when finished.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:29 pm 
Post subject: Eddie O Donnell Dumbarton 57/60.

Hi Andy did you have any luck wit your quest.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: