Football Programmes Centre

IS THE FORUM LOSING ITNTEGRITY?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
IS THE FORUM LOSING ITNTEGRITY?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 pm 
Post subject: IS THE FORUM LOSING ITNTEGRITY?

THIS IS A GREAT LITTLE FORUM THAT HAS BEEN INVALUBLE TO COLLECTORS WITH GREAT INFORMATION AND HELP. EVERY NOW AND AGAIN WE HAVE A LITTLE FUN AND BANTER, BUT SADLY, THE ANTICS OF A ATTENTION SEEKING CHILD IS DRAGGING THIS FORUM INTO THE GUTTER. I BEG THE MODS TO BAN THIS NUTTER. I PLEAD WITH ALL SANE MEMBERS TO IGNORE HIS POST FROM NOW ON. I HAVE SEEN PERFECTLY GOOD FORUMS DESTROYED BY THESE SORT OF SAD LONELY LOW LIFES BEFORE, AND FOR THE GOOD OF THE FORUM , I HOPE HE IS SOON BANNED.
whitetiger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

and the quality of spelling is also taking a mauling
paulo

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:17 pm 
Post subject:

its a +1 from me.

Yes I had a little banter with the kid at the start as its clearly the kid who was trying to sell the item on ebay, but I agree the time has come to ban this guy and delete/lock the threads so that we can go back to normal.
gang-warily

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

I agree entirely. He/she should be banned.
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

whitetiger wrote:
and the quality of spelling is also taking a mauling

he he i never claimed to be top of the class at english, but at least i'll try and do my best to help other collectors with shared info and programmes if possible. If you prefer useless dribble then try a little school girls pop music site... ps i am on my small note pad and i got fat fingers lol
whitetiger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:34 pm 
Post subject:

just trying to lighten the mood Laughing
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately you are always going to get one cheb end out of 700+ registered users.

However the time has come to get rid of him/her/it. I am all for a bit of banter but not to the point where one user clogs up and spoils the forum for others.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
whitetiger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:44 pm 
Post subject:

sometimes the hardest thing to do is to ignore these idiots but it often prevents the attention they seek
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:50 pm 
Post subject:

The guy has made 79 posts in one day on one subjet , over three threads. A sure fire way to kill any forum if he is allowed to continue.
gang-warily

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

From wikipedia:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
whitetiger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:57 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
The guy has made 79 posts in one day on one subjet , over three threads. A sure fire way to kill any forum if he is allowed to continue.
Quite agree but those who moderate should exercise their power not letting the recent posts degenerate into foul mouthing and name calling, Banter yes ,damn right abuse NEVER
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:30 pm 
Post subject:

Only Craig and Barrett can ban him, Dan and I can only lock the threads he starts or delete his posts. I'm sure he will be banned once one of them gets the PM's I'm sending them though.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

I made a single response to one of the threads early on, but now frankly Im bored by him.
I do enjoy much of the 'banter' on here, but I dont think the personal insults being banded about (both ways I might add) constitutes banter. I think some of the regular members on here have been dragged into name calling by the new member, but they should have risen above it.

As has been said many many times on here, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and, assuming he is not a liar (a big assumption I know) then if he is willing to pay 2 1/2 grand for a team sheet then theres its worth. Personally I wouldnt pay over £1 for it, but then I dont collect Man U or Teamsheets.

If members stop responding he/she will stop posting. So think before you post.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
jooko

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Geddon wrote:
Only Craig and Barrett can ban him, Dan and I can only lock the threads he starts or delete his posts. I'm sure he will be banned once one of them gets the PM's I'm sending them though.

.................. well craig what do you think pal.....you must admit though its brought them closer together
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

Luckily I've been away all weekend, so not been on the forum and have missed all the 'fun.' However, I feel like I have justed wasted 5 minutes of my life by reading the ridiculous, repetitive, childish threads he/she has been involved with. We have had issues on here in the past, with users posting pointless threads, and that threatened to upset the atmosphere on the forum. This new poster is much worse than the previous one that was banned, and I don't want to come on here to read idiotic rants like I've seen. As for it being entertaining, if I wanted that kind of mindless entertainment, I would watch Britain's Got Talent, or X Factor (which I don't!). I think in the interests of the forum, the member should be banned, and all his posts deleted.

Interesting that all the posts have started during the school half term?!!
jooko

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
Luckily I've been away all weekend, so not been on the forum and have missed all the 'fun.' However, I feel like I have justed wasted 5 minutes of my life by reading the ridiculous, repetitive, childish threads he/she has been involved with. We have had issues on here in the past, with users posting pointless threads, and that threatened to upset the atmosphere on the forum. This new poster is much worse than the previous one that was banned, and I don't want to come on here to read idiotic rants like I've seen. As for it being entertaining, if I wanted that kind of mindless entertainment, I would watch Britain's Got Talent, or X Factor (which I don't!). I think in the interests of the forum, the member should be banned, and all his posts deleted.

Interesting that all the posts have started during the school half term?!!
see what i mean boring..i bet craig watches x- factor and britains got talent, they are great !
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

I think that proves my point!
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

Mick you're only gonna start him again !!

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie,

Appreciate that you're only trying to help, but I'm going to lock the thread. If we can keep everything to do with this in the thread that's already there until he's banned that'd be great.
| More
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: