Football Programmes Centre

why is there no intrest in badge sites anymore?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
why is there no intrest in badge sites anymore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cockney hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 am 
Post subject: why is there no intrest in badge sites anymore?

i notice that the 60 minutes site died a death and this intresting site has had no one post on it for a while?

is there no intrest in badge collecing anymore?? i would love to see more people post on this site what can we do to make this site have more people posting on a regular basis???

Thumbs Up
Gravedigger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

CH, I think that there are enough collectors to make really good site but it seems that most of us are a bit lazy or too busy to send scans/news/swaps etc. Clap
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm 
Post subject:

I find badges very interesting. Some of the 1973 Cup winning badges i used to own , now go for amazing money. If only i held on to them . Same with tickets. The best badge i saw was a Headington United Supporters. Each year you attached a little bar with the season on it.
What i find interesting these days, are almost any game of slight importance, there will be a badge with the club crests of both teams and date on it. ( and scarfes). Doubt they'll be worth anything in years to come, but you never know.
hullbadge

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

I think it is because it the end of the season and people really are not thinking about badges. I think there be more interest when the season starts again. I am going to email the collectors I know to join the site. See if that can get more collectors togther.
houghmartin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:35 pm 
Post subject:

I check on this site everyday but hardly ever bother with the 60 minute site anymore (this is a lot more user friendly). Maybe we could find a way to import some of the old threads from 60 minutes and get some interest going in the badge section on here from other users of this site.

I am still very interested in badges but as has already been said it does seem to go a bit flat over summer / as the season comes to an end.

The other problem is that I don't really want to bore everyone with a post on here if I find a new Crewe badge as I'm not sure that really has general interest...
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

I know that there are plenty of Badge collectors who browse this site but have not joined the members list and there others who have joined but don't post - so yes it does seem quiet. - so more posting BadgeBlokes Thumbs Up
Re-60mins - The 60 minutes company decided to cut their ties with the fotum - - so we basically moved in with these charming ProggieBlokes Bow
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 pm 
Post subject:

I'll happily read anything about any clubs badges, even the most mundane Crewe ones Wink

I am always interested in match badges, which is becoming more and more of a mission with each passing season, trying to keep up to date with which clubs are issuing what, and where to get them.

The annual match badges thread really needs to be a team effort from everyone interested in them - if you know about it, share it, and then we can all benefit from that knowledge. Easy
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 pm 
Post subject:

Boys,

Sorry i never really understood what 60 minutes was. FBB just come to me, asked for a section and i agreed Laughing

Im all for putting up badge sections on here and stuff if you guys have content to supply as i know nothing about them. Im back on the site now after a 6 month break so if theres anything you want, just let me know and ill see what i can do for you. Thumbs Up

Craig
cockney hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Boys,

Sorry i never really understood what 60 minutes was. FBB just come to me, asked for a section and i agreed Laughing

Im all for putting up badge sections on here and stuff if you guys have content to supply as i know nothing about them. Im back on the site now after a 6 month break so if theres anything you want, just let me know and ill see what i can do for you. Thumbs Up

Craig

nice one craig
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: