Football Programmes Centre

Manchester United 6th February 1958
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Manchester United 6th February 1958

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:23 pm 
Post subject: Manchester United 6th February 1958

Much will be written and much will be said about tomorrow, this is my contribution to show to everyone in original images from my collection about Matt Busby and the Busby Babes of 1957-8. https://flic.kr/s/aHsjfLCyL1 furthermore, i shall be adding more images and you can view it all where other clubs showed their support https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHaPLL1 Busby Babes in action https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKtG835 match reports with around 800 images some f which relate to items that have belonged to some of the players on that fateful trip, take a moment out to see the finest club side in England who had they been allowed would have surpassed even the mighty Real Madrid and would have perhaps won the European Cup more than once before 1968 and with Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor, Roger Byrne in the England team that 1966 World Cup win may have happened in 1958 as well as 1962.https://flic.kr/s/aHsjeFknZJ just click on the links

https://flic.kr/p/LJBHt5

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:52 pm 
Post subject:

Manchester United v Sheffield Wednesday, F.A. Cup Match the first game after the Munich Air Disaster 15th February 1958 by Leslie Millman, on Flickr

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
stokey78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Manchester United 6th February 1958

Always when early February comes round thoughts turn to remembering the 6th February as the anniversary of the Munich air disaster. As a 14 year old the day is still clearly remembered by me ,as I came in from school, my mother told me there had been an accident involving a football team , but no more. I anxiously turned to the radio and waited for the next news bulletin to find that there had been a very serious accident. When the full horror of the event became clearer it showed that the death toll had torn the heart out of a proud football team and affected so many other lives. Along with my hero Duncan Edwards, both Tommy Taylor and roger Byrne would have made the plane to Sweden, in the world cup of that year and England would have started as one of the favourites. Sadly I never saw the Busby Babes play but I followed them closely, after my team of choice Stoke City. I was particularly pleased when Matt Busby was able to lift the European Cup in 1968 and United had achieved the elusive target. So February 6th 1958, three minutes after four in the afternoon, let us remember.

Incidentally. I am Beaudog, under my partner's I.D. as I cannot access my account
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:55 pm 
Post subject: Munich

Can’t begin to comprehend the impact this day had all of those years ago
New Forest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:36 pm 
Post subject:

I too can remember clearly where I was when I first heard the news. I was eleven and playing football in the street, a stones throw from the Orient ground. My aunt came and told us.

Roll on twenty years and I can again recall the memory. I have just boarded a plane for Madrid and was lucky enough to sit behind Alan Ball, Chris McNicol and Ted McDougall. They were flying with the Southampton team, having been beaten by Millwall in the FA Cup on the Saturday. Opened the newspaper to read of the anniversary of the Munich disaster.
Driver8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

I wonder if anyone can help?
I am trying to find the full names for the three Austrian officials for the match in Belgrade. The referee was Karl Kainer and one of the linesmen was Rudolf Roman. The other linesman is listed as Kinelt in the programme. It is possible this isn't the correct spelling as often Yugoslav / Serbian programmes have misspellings.
Would anyone know his forename?
Thanks
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: