Football Programmes Centre

The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:06 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not a programme competist, I don't even try and collect complete seasons - I could watch Palace at 37 of the 38 league games in a season and not be bothered about the one missing programme from the one game missed!

But I do have a bit of a thing about Palace in the Anglo Italian Cup.

In 1971 they played away at Inter Milan and no programme was issued. I only have a used ticket from the game.

However, yesterday a seller listed a copy of the Inter Milan monthly magazine which (very briefly!!!) covered the game. Despite only just learning of it, I had to have it, but they wanted £400 for it.

Now armed with details of the issue number and date however, I simply went straight onto Italian ebay, and found a buy it now copy for just 10 euros. Well happy!!!!

Jim LFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:52 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
I'm not a programme competist, I don't even try and collect complete seasons - I could watch Palace at 37 of the 38 league games in a season and not be bothered about the one missing programme from the one game missed!

But I do have a bit of a thing about Palace in the Anglo Italian Cup.

In 1971 they played away at Inter Milan and no programme was issued. I only have a used ticket from the game.

However, yesterday a seller listed a copy of the Inter Milan monthly magazine which (very briefly!!!) covered the game. Despite only just learning of it, I had to have it, but they wanted £400 for it.

Now armed with details of the issue number and date however, I simply went straight onto Italian ebay, and found a buy it now copy for just 10 euros. Well happy!!!!

Great story!! Thumbs Up
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 pm 
Post subject:

Well done. It's always lovely to hear when a fan gets an item they have wanted for ages or means something special to them.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:21 pm 
Post subject:

Been after this one for a while but paid rather more than I had expected due to someone who I thought had the programme going for it again and bumping the price up.

Still, not one that comes up very often and great to add it to the collection.

This was the final match of eleven played between Blackpool and Sheffield United during a tour of New Zealand in 1965.

pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:03 pm 
Post subject:

Yee haa

53/4 home v west Ham at a really sensible price from DCFC46 ( Alistair)

Well packaged and shipped exactly when he said it would...

Very happy bunny...

Just four Plymouth League & Cup homes from 45/6 to get to be complete back to the war now.

Just in case they are 45/6 Aldershot (FAC), Fulham, Newport County, Swansea Town.

Peter
BertD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:42 am 
Post subject: Wimbledon vs Tonbridge 1973/74

Picked up this emergency issue yesterday at the AFC Wimbledon programme fair. Only one home now required to complete back to 1960 (another "emergency issue", a single sheet for the midweek afternoon Southern League Cup 3rd replay against Wealdstone, same season, I have a scan but have never seen an original copy).
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

Patience is a virtue - never thought I'd ever even see this one let alone own one!

ntw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:08 pm 
Post subject:

Wrong sport, but I'm posting anyway Laughing

Picked up these 2 from the same guy after a passing comment whilst discussing some other programmes. Completes my Warrington RLFC collection (home and away) for the last 60 years, and down to 43 needed from 1945-1955 now.

Very pleased as was worried things might start to dry up having picked up a lot from a good collection early this year to get down from 90 to 49, and completing the home collection, in the previous six months. Keep ticking them off though, and filled in all the 'gaps' now where I had the odd one from otherwise complete seasons, and down to the more serious stuff now.

hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

Always wanted this programme for ages. Finally managed it.

Maidonian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:53 pm 
Post subject: Stenhousemuir v Arbroath, 23rd October 1971

After 25 years of searching, this one turned up on Steven Harding's current list (excellent service, incidentally).

So good were the team at this time that they were obviously happy to play both Brechin City and Stirling Albion on the 30th October.

These are my remaining Stenhousemuir wants from 1967 to date - if anyone has any for sale, please get in touch:

Homes:
v. ALBION ROVERS 74/5
v. AYR UNITED 67/8
v. BERWICK RANGERS 67/8, 73/4(LC)
v. BRECHIN CITY 72/3, 77/8(Dec)
v. CLYDEBANK 67/8, 69/70
v. COWDENBEATH 76/7(Sept)
v. CREWE ALEXANDRA 74/5(fr)
v. EAST STIRLING 67/8
v. ELGIN CITY 70/1(SC)
v. FORFAR ATHLETIC 74/5
v. HAMILTON ACADEMICAL 67/8, 68/9, 69/70, 70/1(LC)
v. QUEENS PARK 67/8

Aways:
@ BRECHIN CITY 74/5, 76/7(Oct)
@ COWDENBEATH 73/4
@ EAST STIRLING 69/70
@ HAMILTON ACADEMICAL 67/8
@ STRANRAER 67/8(SC)

Last edited by Maidonian on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

Just picked up 18 Rovers issues from 1945-46 "For free"
Ok they are copies but who cares I will never get to afford originals from then so I am well happy.
See the covers here.
http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/1945-1946-2646.html

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Maidonian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:23 pm 
Post subject: Stenhousemuir v Berwick Rangers, 18th August 1973

It has only taken 22 years to find this one having missed out when it was listed on Peter & Kath Rundo's catalogue back in 1994. The post arrived first thing in those days but you still had to wait until 8.30am to place a telephone order but the line was engaged and when I got through a couple of minutes later Peter Rundo told me it had already been sold...

... and this one was seen in a mixed lot on eBay which, up until recently, I wouldn't have found. Because of "attasquash" I had given up using "search title & description" until I realised you could exclude a specific seller from your search and, hey presto, the first time I did that I struck lucky...
Maidonian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 pm 
Post subject:

Like buses, you can wait ages for a programme you need to turn up, and then three come along in a month. This one had eluded me for well over 20 years and I'd never seen it advertised anywhere during that time until it appeared recently on a well known auction site.

Usual pre-printed outer cover with a four page typed and duplicated insert. The date suggests that this was the first ever football match in the world and was won 2-0 by Cowdenbeath.

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:35 pm 
Post subject:

Doesn't look anything special but you try finding a copy!
Completes my 62/3 Leyton Orient collection.

A thousand thanks to the forum member who kindly alerted me to it on EBay.
I'd long since given up looking.

bigearl79

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

1964-65 Scunthorpe away at Carlisle. Got it yesterday off my regular guy. The last first team game bar one, not counting pre season or county cups that I needed back to 1964. Quite a tricky one to find, although ironicly it was on ebay in the last few months and didn't sell. I didn't bid on it as knew I had a copy waiting for me. And it essentially cost me nothing as I was given it instead of fuel money for an away trip to Stamford. Just need to find Yeovil away from 2012-13 now. Seems very hard to get hold of, despite being just over three years ago.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:43 pm 
Post subject:

bigearl79 wrote:
1964-65 Scunthorpe away at Carlisle. Got it yesterday off my regular guy. The last first team game bar one, not counting pre season or county cups that I needed back to 1964. Quite a tricky one to find, although ironicly it was on ebay in the last few months and didn't sell. I didn't bid on it as knew I had a copy waiting for me. And it essentially cost me nothing as I was given it instead of fuel money for an away trip to Stamford. Just need to find Yeovil away from 2012-13 now. Seems very hard to get hold of, despite being just over three years ago.

I've sent you several messages (check your inbox) over the past few months about the Ilkeston v Scunthorpe/Nottingham Forest/Burton Albion programme you've enquired about.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm 
Post subject:

Finally got hold of my last 1945/6 season Blackpool away programme.

This is for an FA Cup tie at Wrexham.

ntw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

Whilst not waiting for this specific programme too long, I'm claiming it as 'finally obtained' due to being symbolic: this is programme number 3,000 Smile (first team for my club anyway)

Nice that it's an important one too, given it's from the game we won the League Leaders Shield.

Jim LFC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:58 am 
Post subject:

ntw wrote:
Whilst not waiting for this specific programme too long, I'm claiming it as 'finally obtained' due to being symbolic: this is programme number 3,000 Smile (first team for my club anyway)

Nice that it's an important one too, given it's from the game we won the League Leaders Shield.

I'm being genuine when I say that it's a pity you didn't beat the Wire that night. Hope to see you at OT in a couple of weeks! Thumbs Up
ntw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:01 am 
Post subject:

Jim LFC wrote:
ntw wrote:

I'm being genuine when I say that it's a pity you didn't beat the Wire that night. Hope to see you at OT in a couple of weeks! Thumbs Up

Jim, you mis-read; it's the prog from when WE WON the LLS: I'm a Wire fan!! Presume you're a Saints fan then?!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: