Football Programmes Centre

MATCH ATTAX CARDS by Topps
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MATCH ATTAX CARDS by Topps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:39 pm 
Post subject: MATCH ATTAX CARDS by Topps

Picked up about 2,000 of these at the local car boot sale, all absolutely mint, and for the princely sum of £8. I know there will be some "harder to obtain" than other cards. There's also 6 blue cards, I assume these must be somewhat collectable as they are only about 1 in 300 cards?
Does anybody have any idea where I may be able to find out information on them without having to list them all individually on ebay for the answer?
Thanks in anticipation.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 pm 
Post subject:

When you say 'blue' cards do you mean blue backs? I take it the rest are red or orange backs?

Its just different sets from different seasons mate.

What you want are the MotM, 100 club,Hat Trick Hero's and club captains, but to be honest once the season is over they are next to worthless, the kids move on to the new seasons set. The best you can do is sort them into teams and put them away for a few years.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:19 pm 
Post subject: Match Attax

Cheers, Andy
ChipPanDan

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:54 pm 
Post subject:

Hi mate,

Be sure to check through for any cards that have limited edition on the front. There are usually around 10-15 limited edition cards each season and some of them are extremely valuable....I know coz I collect Man City trade cards and a limited edition Micah Richards went for over £100 on ebay the other day. If you find any may be worth doing a search on 'Match Attax Limited' on ebay and sorting by price.
Some of the limited edition cards are really valuable.

Unfortunately, like the above poster said 99% are worth next to nothing though.

Hope this helps,
Dan
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: