Football Programmes Centre

june 5th programme fair is it 10:30am or 11:00am start
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
june 5th programme fair is it 10:30am or 11:00am start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infoman

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:58 pm 
Post subject: june 5th programme fair is it 10:30am or 11:00am start

some guides saying its 10:30am start some say 11:00am

I hope its 10:30am as I'm leaving for the beaches of Normandy straight after
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

I am having my first stall at a fair since the early 80s. This fair starts at 10.30, look for me and say hello Wave
infoman

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:10 pm 
Post subject:

My main inerest is DVD's and Videos of Bristol City.

I have got some Posh videos from the 1990's

are you interested?
paulo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

infoman wrote:

are you interested?

Thats interesting my main interest is Norwich DVDs and Videos although I pretty much have everything I want that was released through the club and a lot of games that were on the TV. Do you have anything else I might be interested in?
infoman

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

bristol City and Norwich have not played one another much over the last twenty years

FA Cup 1991

league 98/99

league 2007/08

league 2008/09

I would have these games some where on video tape though
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

infoman wrote:

are you interested?

I believe I have them all thanks
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am 
Post subject:

Just playing devil's advocate here but does anyone else think that London is not the most appropriate place for the National Fair (let alone this sh*thole of a hotel)? Just thinking the vast majority of football fans come from the North and Midlands (and of course Glasgow) - that's all I mean by it and perhaps the NEC or a decent hotel in the Midlands might be a better venue - and, in addition would be roughly similar in distance for a number of South West/Welsh collectors.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 am 
Post subject:

I agree in principal with what you say, but the attendances at the June Fair in London do back up the fact that the fair is in the correct place.

The fairs at Altrincham even though well attended by Northern standards were only a percentage of the London Fair, and the biggest one in Yorkshire is this weekend at Pudsey, a good fair but attendance wise well down on what the London Fair will be. The Bolton fair used to be a big fair but has dwindled as the attendances have plummeted.

I have always been baffled why Liverpool as a city has not staged a big fair, perhaps you should organise one.
tommy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 am 
Post subject:

I agree with Posh1959 the attendance at the London fair has always been strong even through the difficult times. However if ToffeDan wants to organise a rival fair (On the same day would be good) go for it I’m sure John Litster and David Allen would relish the competition not.

Seriously though the main drawback with the central London location on a Saturday is car parking and some dealers getting a parking ticket whilst loading or unloading although this shouldn’t be a problem at the new venue. Also it sometimes clashes with a televised match.

An improvement that could be made would be to hold an auction at the fair. This has been tried once before but never repeated perhaps it could be done again. If the auction was held towards the end of the fair this would keep the interest at the fair going longer rather than tailing of as it does now. Or perhaps toward the end of the fair bring on the dancing girls. Mind you Dick Rattray would have to go before this on account of his dodgy ticker.
OwainJ

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:42 pm 
Post subject:

The London fair on the 5th will be my first one Very Happy

In London day that before heading off to Paris for my hols.
PABLO76

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

I've been contemplating going to this for the last 2 years.

Can anyone with experience of attending please give any stories, any info on dealers there and a rough idea of how likely I am to find Man Utd programmes at a reasonable price?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:00 pm 
Post subject:

Infoman : My humble apologies it is def a 11 am kick off.

Pablo i am sure you will find mountains of Man Utd programmes, not sure if they will be a cheap price though.

Def worth the trip for anybody, come and say hello to Clive Taylor behind a stall for the first time in 30 years, also Poshimp whatever he calls himself will be there.
kcs

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 pm 
Post subject:

I have been religiously for the last 4 or 5 years now and can honestly say it is brilliant!!!!!

The misses also tolerates coming with me and sits patiently for a couple of hours and may occasionally come and show an interest into what I am looking for.

Last year I spent a small fortune on Leeds homes from the 40's and 50's but also found some very good buys. Cannot comment on Manchester United programmes but would assume that there will be something for most people there....

Will look out for the 2 stall-holders from on here and will pop over and say hello. Nice cuppa-tea with biscuits would be most welcomed Laughing Laughing Laughing

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:55 am 
Post subject:

11am start and 4pm finish, 5 hours of constant customers at the stall, everyone there agreed it was the busiest and the best fair for years and years, lets hope this trend continues. I even sold some programmes to a guy who had caught the train to London from Falkirk especially to go to the fair. The day was a fantastic experience in probably the best venue I have ever seen a Programme Fair.
Good to meet KCS.

As I also went to Sportingold the day earlier I am now totally knackered.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: