Football Programmes Centre

1940's wants list
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1940's wants list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:48 am 
Post subject: 1940's wants list

Hi everyone,

Again, looking for these programmes from the 1940's. Anyone with a spare or unwanted copy, just give me a shout if you're looking to sell:

1. Middlesbrough v Newcastle - Division 1 - 29 Dec 1949
2. Rochdale v Notts County - FA Cup 2R - 10 Dec 1949
3. Chesterfield v Newcastle - Division 2 - 7 Apr 1949
4. Hull v Manchester Utd - FA Cup 6R - 26 Feb 1949
5. Portsmouth v Derby - FA Cup 6R - 26 Feb 1949
6. Yeovil v Sunderland - FA Cup 4R - 29 Jan 1949
7. Colchester v Reading - FA Cup 1R - 27 Nov 1948
8. Kidderminster v Hereford - FA Cup 1R - 27 Nov 1948
9. Doncaster v Hull - Division 3N - 2 Oct 1948
10. Everton v Liverpool - Division 1 - 18 Sep 1948
11. Macclesfield v Winsford - Cheshire Senior Cup 1R - 4 Feb 1948
12. Manchester Utd v Arsenal - Division 1 - 17 Jan 1948 @ Maine Road
13. Gillingham v QPR - FA Cup 3R - 10 Jan 1948
14. New Brighton v Tranmere - Division 3N- 21 Sep 1946
15. Bolton v Stoke - FA Cup 6R - 9 Mar 1946
16. Aston Villa v Derby - FA Cup 6R - 2 Mar 1946

Cheers, Cool

Last edited by crowdedhouse on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:01 pm 
Post subject: 1940's Wants list

Hi everyone,

I know it's asking a lot, but PM me if you have a spare/unwanted copy of any of the above programmes at a reasonable price.

Thanks!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:08 am 
Post subject: wants list

Colchester vs Reading was actually played a week later, on December 4th 1948. First game a week earlier was postponed due to fog after 35 minutes, so all records would be expunged. Hadn't realised this myself until I was looking through my own collection and found programme dated 04.12.48. You must assume therefore that there are TWO programmes for the game as they just didn't punt out any left over from previous game (probably because it was sold out??)
I have the programme for sale / exchange. Unfortunately, the programme has a light sellotape mark for about 10cm down the spine. I assume this was due to it being put in a book loosely at some time as there's absolutely no damage to the spine at all. Ther's a "complimentary" stamp on cover, so it was probably given to one of the dignitaries attending the game, as you wouldn't expect nobs to carry money.
That apart, the programme's in good condition. It's made out of the pulp paper that a lot of the immediate postwar programmes were made from.
If you want it, it isn't cheap, but at £35 is priced accordingly to condition and availability. I would also consider an exchange should you wish to consider one.
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:07 pm 

Thanks Auchinleckian,

I have the very same programme in mint condition but I'm looking for the programme from the abandoned game which attracted the record crowd. I'd spoken to a couple of dealers in the South East who had advised that two programmes were printed, one for the abandoned game & one for the rearranged game.
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:40 pm 

Hi again,

Just a quick reminder to all new members, please keep a look out for the programmes at the top of this thread. I've had very little response to these 60 year old plus wants list items but I will pay a reward for information leading to the capture of them.

PM me in confidence if you can help, and remember - THESE ITEMS ARE RARE, SO SLEEP TIGHT !!

:twisted: :twisted:
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:26 pm 

Hello again everyone,

Still looking for these 1940's programmes. Give me a shout if you have one to sell !!!

Cool
oldbolt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:30 am 
Post subject:

I don't have a spare but the Bolton v Stoke cup tie appears quite regularly on ebay.Not much more than £50 for one in good condition.

The 17.1.48 Man Utd v Arsenal was on sale for a fixed price of £80 in the last Programmes United catalogue i have (July 2007)
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:29 pm 
Post subject: 1940's wants

Hi everyone,

Managed to bag Spurs v West Brom FA Cup tie from 1947/48 for a tenner.

Take a look at the beginning of this thread and see if you can help with any of the above.

Cheers !
saintglover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 am 
Post subject:

yeovil v sunderland is the rareist yeovil programme to find, you would be looking at £250-£300 for one, i have a reprint from 1970 and even these go for a fiver on flebay!
bjm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:50 pm 
Post subject: Man.Utd v Arsenal 17 Jan 1948

I have a copy of the above programme that, for its age, is in quite good condition - has been folded and a bit worn but completely intact. I am only a collector, not a dealer and would be reluctant to try and put a price on it. Would consider a cash offer or possible exchange (I am trying to collect at least one pre-war of every league club - which I'll never achieve it but it's fun trying, and also interested in war time programmes). Anyway if you have any thoughts on it perhaps you would send me a pm. Cheers.
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 pm 

Hi all,

Another bargain!

Wolves v West Brom 1949 League match programme for under £5. Record post-war attendance at Molineaux 56,661. Take a look at the beginning of this thread and PM me if you have a spare.

Cheers Cool
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: