Football Programmes Centre

****ing Royal Mail!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
****ing Royal Mail!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 pm 
Post subject: ****ing Royal Mail!!

I sent a programme before Xmas to Mancity Mark - it took 6 weeks to arrive! I had programmes sent to me from Pastpirate from the Bristol Rovers v Liverpool F A Youth cup tie, which took 3 weeks to arrive. I am going to kick up merry hell with Royal Mail, who I've always found to be normally very reliable.
Any other member have recent horror stories about the time taken for items to arrive?
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:53 pm 
Post subject: Re: ****ing Royal Mail!!

Auchinleckian wrote:
I sent a programme before Xmas to Mancity Mark - it took 6 weeks to arrive! I had programmes sent to me from Pastpirate from the Bristol Rovers v Liverpool F A Youth cup tie, which took 3 weeks to arrive. I am going to kick up merry hell with Royal Mail, who I've always found to be normally very reliable.
Any other member have recent horror stories about the time taken for items to arrive?

My sister's baby took nine months to arrive Sad
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: ****ing Royal Mail!!

grimsbybarralad wrote:

My sister's baby took nine months to arrive Sad

Does your brother-in-law know that you're blaming the postie? Wink
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 pm 
Post subject: ROYAL MAIL

Where was the baby posted from?
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

Prob'ly KIDbrook!!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 am 
Post subject:

This is the first time in a very long time that I have had a real problem with the post. Either sending or receiving. A while back I sent a prog to Germany.
Posted it at 6 in the morning and was amazed when I got an email the NEXT day to say it had arrived.
Same day I posted someting to a mate on the other side of Bristol and that one took 3 days to get there.
Weird.
Hope you get things sorted out

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
MisterGas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:24 am 
Post subject:

The shit service by the Royal Mail, is probably the biggest reason i have stopped buying programmes and started collecting tickets.

Most people send Programmes protected some way by card and with words "DO NOT BEND" written.........This instantly wakens some members of the postal service. They seem to play football with my package around depots and then bend, fold, crumple, jam, force and any other way they possibly can put it through our LARGE LETTER BOX in the office, which by the way is open 24/7 and manned, they only have to tap on the window, on there way to the letter box, saving them a walk....so what f@cking excuse have these half-wits got....NONE !
After confronting one little B@@tard who bent something, he didnot understand what i was saying ! ! !
ROYAL MAIL.......WAKE UP! ! ! You employ people who cannot speak the "Queens English"..... How the f@@k are they meant to read and understand "Do Not Bend".

I was a Trade-unionist for many years and still will support causes but when the Royal-Mail workers went on strike in the recent past, they had and will not get any support from me EVER.

I am now getting off my soap-box....as im getting giddy xxxxxx
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:36 pm 
Post subject:

I posted some autographs to Celtic Viking who is based in Denmark around 3 weeks ago and it took ages to arrive! At the same time I posted a letter to a friend who lives in Australia which took a mere 4 days!

Unbelievable!
coolascustard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

A guy in Derby posted me some mugs it took them 3 months to travel 7 miles.
By which time he had returned my money,he didnt belive me when I told him they had turned up.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 pm 
Post subject: Royal Mail

I sent a programme to a successful ebay bidder in Germany. It took nearly a month to arrive. When I sent some items to Celtic Viking in Denmark, because of their value I sent them as having to be signed for. It cost me an extra fiver, but hey preston, items arrived in 3 days.
Am concerned if items are just sent ordinary airmail the parcels are just put to one side to discourage people from taking the cheap option. Now I send a small number of items to the Celtic Viking at a time as we both seem fairly relaxed about it having got a couple of fairly expensive transactions out of the way.
BTW - recently bought some Boston United 50's programmes from an Auction house in Grantham, and paid via credit card on day of auction following a successful bid. Advised that they charged £15 to send them recorded delivery! Is it me....
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:29 pm 
Post subject:

Oi steady on I can get upset you know !
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

Tigerhawk wrote:
Oi steady on I can get upset you know !

Is that badge Hogwarts? ...... and if so, do they produce matchday programmes for Quidditch?

sorry!
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

Now let's see we scored two goals against Liverpool last season, how many did you score, Ohhhhh none Very Happy

That's alright no offence taken Laughing
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject:

German post is abysmal. I waited ages for non delivery of one item and the other (tickets) only arrived on the last day thanks to paying a fortune for DHL delivery.

Terrible!
paulo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

Wont trade in Italy and Holland now due to items going missing. Be warned as a lot of ticket collectors are dutch.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm 
Post subject: Royal Mail.

*its lost my letter after sending to guy on Ebay for Palace v Leicester (Freindly) 66/67,guy good enough to send prog although he never recieved payement ,loosin faith in this M/M seavice?.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: