Football Programmes Centre

Massive AFBC Folders
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Massive AFBC Folders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:35 am 
Post subject: Massive AFBC Folders

Amongst other things picked up in a large job lot of football memorabilia was 2 massive folders from the Association of Football Badge Collectors. In them must be 200+ pages of pictures of enamel badges from the year dot to the early 80's. I have no idea of value but they are very heavy, does anyone have any more info on them.......they came from a massive collection of football memorabilia which includes a 92 Club membership and details of all the grounds visited, loads of ground postcards, 1st day covers, badges (all Palace) and football cards.
foxes1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:32 am 
Post subject:

I used to be a member of the AFBC, think I paid £10 for the book, but then it listed just British badges (Lge and non-lge), but it has now expanded to inc foreign badges as well and has been split up into different sections mainly because of the amount of badges produced.
Here is a link to the AFBC website
http://www.afbc.org.uk/
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:22 am 
Post subject:

Any unusual Palace badges?

Are you the guy who has put a few old Palac matchdays on ebay? Saw a seller there saying they had a large collection of Palace badges which would be listed over the coming weeks/months.

The stuff that's going on there is pretty rare as it was small limited editions, and whilst I have them all myself, I'm quite suprised no-one else has bidded yet. Maybe there'll be a last minute frenzy for them?
matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:58 am 
Post subject:

My cardiff items in there that you would be looking to sell ???

Also does the book show any cardiff / wales badges ??

Cheers

matt
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:

Are you the guy who has put a few old Palac matchdays on ebay? Saw a seller there saying they had a large collection of Palace badges which would be listed over the coming weeks/months.

The stuff that's going on there is pretty rare as it was small limited editions, and whilst I have them all myself, I'm quite suprised no-one else has bidded yet. Maybe there'll be a last minute frenzy for them?

Yeah, thats me!

I think the fella was a real statto, he'd got a folder full of Palace stuff from away grounds as well as loads of pictures he'd taken at England away games in the 80's. The badges were a bonus, there's a couple of hundred of the limited edition ones which I'm selling on e-bay but I've kept a set for myself.

They ended up at a bloke in Horncastle who ducks and dives a bit, he says he's loads more stuff so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the stuff I've had so far has been 1st class.

There's a lot of 1st day covers and postcards, I think there's enough to keep my going on e-bay for the rest of the year!
houghmartin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

andyfromboston wrote:
Dorking wrote:

Yeah, thats me!

I think the fella was a real statto, he'd got a folder full of Palace stuff from away grounds as well as loads of pictures he'd taken at England away games in the 80's. The badges were a bonus, there's a couple of hundred of the limited edition ones which I'm selling on e-bay but I've kept a set for myself.

They ended up at a bloke in Horncastle who ducks and dives a bit, he says he's loads more stuff so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the stuff I've had so far has been 1st class.

There's a lot of 1st day covers and postcards, I think there's enough to keep my going on e-bay for the rest of the year!

Are there any Crewe v Palace matchday badges in there? I am missing a couple of those from my collection. Thanks. Martin.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:41 pm 
Post subject:

none at present, if there is I'll give you a shout.

All mine are on e-bay at present, except for the Coffer and other 70's items, I'm hanging onto those.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: