Football Programmes Centre

1920s Pre-Olympic Friendlies
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1920s Pre-Olympic Friendlies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndg1860

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:17 pm 
Post subject: 1920s Pre-Olympic Friendlies

Following on from the Dutch v English team friendlies, were there any friendlies played in the 1920s between English clubs and national teams?

The records created by the late QPR historian shows that in May 1924 QPR played against the Dutch national team. The football tournament of the 1924 Paris Summer Olympics, which included the Netherlands, began at the end of May with the English season finishing on 3 May. Great Britain did not participate in the 1924 Paris nor the 1928 Stockholm Olympic football tournaments and thus there is every chance that English club teams ventured to play against national teams.

Does anyone know anything about this and were there any programmes produced? I cannot remember seeing anything in the FA minutes on this, but I may have missed it.
EFC_Graeme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:38 pm 
Post subject:

Everton played a South African X1 in December 1924 and a Switzerland Olympic X1 in may 1929
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

Germany warmed up for the 1928 Olympics in Stockholm with games against......Cowdenbeath

4-5-1928 Nürnberg Select Olympic Germany-Cowdenbeath FC 1-0 L
5-5-1928 München Select Olympic Germany-Cowdenbeath FC 4-2 L
12-5-1928 Leipzig Germany XI-Cowdenbeath FC 8-2 L
17-5-1928 ??? Germany XI-Cowdenbeath FC 5-1 L
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: