Football Programmes Centre

Ebay: When you win something for less than you offered.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay: When you win something for less than you offered.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tintowner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:26 am 
Post subject: Ebay: When you win something for less than you offered.

Just won a programme on ebay for a price which was half of what I offered.

The seller had a 'make an offer' option which i did and of which was subsequently rejected.

I then put a bid on the starting price (2.99) and i won it ...... an absolute result.

This isn't the first time I have had such an experience but this was for a modern programme.

Just got to hope that I do receive it now and it doesn't mysteriously get lost in the post.

Anybody got more experiences of this type of situation?
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:49 am 
Post subject:

It's a tricky one from the sellers point of view as well. If you make an offer as soon as you see it (quite often the day it's listed) unless you know/expect it too sell for more it's a tricky one whether or not you accept the first offer as a seller.

I tend to ignore all day 1 offers and anything below starting price and let the 'market' see the item first. If I receive an offer quite clearly over my starting price I will give it serious consideration.

Yes there are some savings to be had, but I use offers so that a buyer can make a saving as well if they say want 5 or 6 run of the mill programmes and rather than pay the starting bid for all, offer 75% for each and I will happily sell 5-6 at that price

Did the seller 'reject' or just ignore the offer, big difference. Rejecting would indicate they expected it too sell for more, ignoring may indicate they either didn't see the offer (does happen quite alot) or they were waiting to see if the item got a few watchers before deciding if there was much interest

Either way, well done on your bargain, there will always be deals to be had with the way listings are made on ebay
Bokbag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:32 pm 
Post subject:

As a buyer I tend to test the water with an offer to see if the seller knows what they have. If it’s then rejected I will try the bids. This has worked a couple of times. One that sticks out was a black version of the Euro 2008 programme in English. Didn’t even know it existed and it’s not on centrespot. The only one I have seen was the black version in German which appeared once and went for £35. I got this one for £8.

It’s tricky for sellers!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: