Football Programmes Centre

Eggheads
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eggheads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 pm 
Post subject: Eggheads

So I have met a few people off the forum over the years but if any of you watch Eggheads the the fat old bloke on the right of tonight challengers who ends up doing the sport category is moi!

Can't tell you how we get on as that's against the rules but I think it is a good watch ! We enjoyed it anyway!

Peter
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:45 pm 
Post subject: Eggheads

Hard luck Peter, your team went close. When l saw that Kevin wasn’t against you , l thought you had a chance. I thought Dinah Asher Smith was from Birmingham as well. With it moving channels and all that, haven’t watched it for quite a while. Pat is always red hot and that new bloke was strong as well.
martino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:59 pm 
Post subject:

The Eggheads are a tough bunch to beat but your team did well and came very close.

I must admit I preferred the programme when it was five a side on BBC 2 but with the change of channel the commercial break has reduced this to four a side.

With you on Eggheads and the late John Holroyd on Countdown who is next?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

I saw it too, Peter - your team gave them a great run for their money. Shame you were ko'd early. I think I heard that Dina was from London as I'm pretty sure Emma Raducanu went to the same school in Bromley or Orpington, somewhere like that anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Trieste to Trapani

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

I was on a couple of Fifteen to Ones in the days of William G Stewart. Shocking performance the second time when I came back as a previous winner. Amazing how much adrenalin is pumping when it gets down to the business end of the contest. And that's a quiz with no prize money, don't know what I would have been like if there was a few quid at stake.
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:14 am 
Post subject:

I was on ITV Digital's Do I Not Know That with quizmaster Simon O'Brien of Brookside fame , Representing Bradford City we appeared on 6 Episodes just before ITV digital shut down. We reached the 2nd group phase , the quiz was won by AFC Wimbledon and I think the final was broadcast on the last Day of ITV Digital. I still have recordings of most of our matches.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 am 
Post subject:

Thanks guys.

It was fun....and yes Dinah is an Orpington girl as one of our one;ine team informed after she had watched it!

In fact the edit didn't;'t do us justice as Stephen who went first had a whole question set from the sudden death edited out to fit....arguably his best answer as well...georges Suerat.....he was awesome and when we went to the quiz room ( actually a bench set in front a screen and two cameras) Pat asked me if I was as good on sport as Steve was on Art and Literature.

Bravura said yes, reality, not so much

Off to see Paul Sinha record his new radio series tonight....audience questions from pub quizzes. Literature and Where in the World

Mine are

Which Alistair MacLean Novel takes its title from the soliloquy in Act V Scene V of Macbeth?

Which three letter word begins the names of the most countries?
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:00 pm 
Post subject: Re: Eggheads

Flaming Pie wrote:
Hard luck Peter, your team went close. When l saw that Kevin wasn’t against you , l thought you had a chance. I thought Dinah Asher Smith was from Birmingham as well. With it moving channels and all that, haven’t watched it for quite a while. Pat is always red hot and that new bloke was strong as well.

I quizzed against Kenvin in the Quiz League of London cup as. newbie....he more or less nbeat us on his own...Beth was there as well but not playing.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

Continuing my quiz odyssey last night I went to the recording of Paul Sinha's Perfect Pub Quiz.

Really fun evening with loads of laughs and free ( courtesy of the BBC site)..he has tickets still available for next months recordings as well (honestly...free I am not on commission!).

As well as asking questions he takes them from the audience....

On the subject of Literature I got in which Alistair MacLean thriller took its title from the Soliloquy in Act V Scene V of Macbeth? Chuffed that I stumped him so will have to make sure I listen to see if it gets edited out!

Right that's enough quizzing!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: