Football Programmes Centre

The Good Old Days
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Good Old Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndg1860

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:50 pm 
Post subject:

Perhaps a little off topic and has been discussed before, but the move from print to digital programmes these days, especially when you head down the levels is something that I think many miss.

I bring this up as I was at Bury v Wisbech in the FA Trophy yesterday and they had sold out of programmes by 2:45. That is, although there is a strange belief that programmes are for anoraks, the good old days of having programmes is still a desire of many more than some clubs really think.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

Just to keep the newcastle debate going...

Great headline in the Sunday Mail

"At least this has underlined once and for all that the league care only about money.

Murderers are welcome if they are rich enough"

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Raxfactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

Great posts bokbag,
We at this level has very little influence in the big scheme of things, and international business, Newcastle is a very easy target for the moral brigades out there.
I don't see folk out protesting about buying Saudi oil and gas only about the price it's to high, same with armaments they pay top dollar so we sell them as much as we can.
So the Saudis are an unsavoury lot they reek hail and brimstone on their own as well as other nations, Yemen which the UK amongst others help supply the bullets.
Yet our alliance with them supports UK jobs.
It's very easy to be moral on the one hand and turned a blind eye on the other, there is a lot of things wrong covering all of society.
Seeing as this thread is the good old days, we have to go back to 1960 and the maximum wage for fair old uncorrupted money days when the playing field was level for all, except the players.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:22 pm 
Post subject:

Raxfactor wrote:
Great posts bokbag,
We at this level has very little influence in the big scheme of things, and international business, Newcastle is a very easy target for the moral brigades out there.
I don't see folk out protesting about buying Saudi oil and gas only about the price it's to high, same with armaments they pay top dollar so we sell them as much as we can.
So the Saudis are an unsavoury lot they reek hail and brimstone on their own as well as other nations, Yemen which the UK amongst others help supply the bullets.
Yet our alliance with them supports UK jobs.
It's very easy to be moral on the one hand and turned a blind eye on the other, there is a lot of things wrong covering all of society.
Seeing as this thread is the good old days, we have to go back to 1960 and the maximum wage for fair old uncorrupted money days when the playing field was level for all, except the players.

If you haven't seen people protesting the UK Govts immoral arms deals with the Saudi's then you maybe should look a little closer. This is more than likely one of the reasons the EPL are "overlooking" their Fit and Proper test, don't want to upset them.....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/27/uk-faces-new-legal-challenge-over-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/22/campaigners-to-challenge-decision-to-resume-selling-arms-to-saudi-in-high-court

Anyway, going way off-piste here so I'm out.
Raxfactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

The truth of the matter is Saudi Arabia is responsible for a lot of revenue, jobs and business opportunities of all sorts, property etc I bet they own half of London and not just in the UK but Europe and the US.
So until our economy decides to adjust into other areas that are as financially lucrative nothing is going to change.
I don't agree with it but singling Newcastle out as something extraordinary or slagging off the FA for sanctioning a deal is plain nonsense when you look how deep the ties are between the West and SA go.
I am afraid it's double standards which suddenly apply to one but not the others.

https://caat.org.uk/homepage/stop-arming-saudi-arabia/companies-supplying-the-war-in-yemen/
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

Raxfactor wrote:
The truth of the matter is Saudi Arabia is responsible for a lot of revenue, jobs and business opportunities of all sorts, property etc I bet they own half of London and not just in the UK but Europe and the US.
So until our economy decides to adjust into other areas that are as financially lucrative nothing is going to change.
I don't agree with it but singling Newcastle out as something extraordinary or slagging off the FA for sanctioning a deal is plain nonsense when you look how deep the ties are between the West and SA go.
I am afraid it's double standards which suddenly apply to one but not the others.

https://caat.org.uk/homepage/stop-arming-saudi-arabia/companies-supplying-the-war-in-yemen/

It's not double standards if you have always opposed Saudi "investment" in the UK. You claimed nobody bothered about the Saudi arms deal, which I have shown is the complete opposite. It may surprise you to learn that some people do pay attention to the UK's dodgy dealings, and will now pay attention to the Newcastle situation as well and call it out for what it is.

As for Fit and Proper which was my original point, a sick joke.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

pompeypete wrote:
Just to keep the newcastle debate going...

Great headline in the Sunday Mail

"At least this has underlined once and for all that the league care only about money.

Murderers are welcome if they are rich enough"

Pretty much Pete.

Anyway, I have said enough.
Raxfactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

You are entitled to your own opinion, a few people demonstrating with placards and coverage in the Guardian is hardly opposition, there is no political opposition or will from any party in this country to change the current state of affairs, the political establishment is happy with how things stand.
The PL and FA probably follow existing business guidelines for dealing with such entity's.
Football and the PL is one of England's more successful exports to the world they would imo follow their vetting procedure worded to their satisfaction to get the deal over the line.
After all it's all about the money and they have plenty.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: