Football Programmes Centre

Mullocks August 18th and 19th
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mullocks August 18th and 19th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:43 am 
Post subject: Mullocks August 18th and 19th

Mullocks have an auction listed for next week. No catalogue online, no advertising on here from them. Does anybody know anything about next weeks auction?
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:57 am 
Post subject:

I spoke to someone at Mullocks yesterday and the catalogue is at the printers and expected to be posted out in the next couple of days. It will then go online. It is now a 3 day auction. Wednesday rugby , Thursday and Friday football.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:39 am 
Post subject:

Their communication is very poor as is their sending out of paid for goods. It took them 3 weeks after I had paid to post out my bought items from the last auction. Is Roy Connor still connected with them. They were spot on in the past.
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:52 am 
Post subject:

Yes Roy Connor is still with them. Given that auctions are at present just on-line and that most items in the auctions will have to be posted out , I do not think that 3 weeks to receive items after an Auction is unreasonable. It can take a long time to parcel up a large number of items with a limited number of staff. I have bought from various auction houses during the pandemic and some have taken more than 3 weeks to get the items to me , so to me 3 weeks is not unreasonable.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:27 am 
Post subject:

3 weeks after making payment is very unreasonable when you see other people who have bought at auction selling their items on EBay 3 days after the auction. Prior to the last auction Mullocks were excellent. Sportingold post the day after payment is made as do Staceys and Budds.
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:39 am 
Post subject:

I'm presuming that the majority of items would be posted off, however I'm pretty certain that some auction houses allow collection from their premises/warehouse if payment is made beforehand.

I know that I've been able to do this a couple of times.

This would explain why some items find their way onto eBay very quickly.
ndg1860

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:22 pm 
Post subject:

I'm amazed no one has mentioned it given the thread being created early this morning. Mullock's catalogue has been up on their site since this late morning. Perhaps they do read this too. Smile

Lots of quite interesting items for almost everyone.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:55 am 
Post subject:

Some pretty good Scottish items in the auction, and many lots fetching very good prices for the vendors. Managed to get a couple of lots.

Refreshing to see quality Scottish items in auctions for a change.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: