Football Programmes Centre

FAO LIVERPOOL FANS - Merseyside Derby FA Cup Game
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FAO LIVERPOOL FANS - Merseyside Derby FA Cup Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:48 am 
Post subject: FAO LIVERPOOL FANS - Merseyside Derby FA Cup Game

Just a small club, eh?

So how come you couldn't beat a 'small club' in 3 games?

And I love the way they all call Everton fans bitter but then I come into work today and there all moaning about last night and how we didnt deserve to win!

Well I'm going to enjoy today looking at all the 'bitter red' faces in work and be proud to be an Evertonian after our showing in the last 5 games against the 'so called' Top 4.

For those of you who dont know our last 5 games were as follows:

Mon 19th Jan - League - Liverpool (away) - Drew 1-1
Sun 25th Jan - FA Cup - Liverpool (away) - Drew 1-1
Wed 28th Jan - League - Arsenal (home) - Drew 1-1
Sat 31st Jan - League - Man Utd (away) - Lost 0-1
Wed 4th Feb - League - Liverpool (home) - Won 1-0

Personally, I think they are great results against the 'Sky Top 4'.

Liverpool fans..... Rember the name...... Dan Gosling! What a goal by the 19yr old!

Oh and I'll leave you a little song....

The city's all ours,
The city's all ourssssss,
F*ck off to Norway,
The city's all ours!

(in reference to Liverpool fans having a huge following from Norway and their song about us moving out of the city boundaries to a place called Kirkby)
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:23 pm 
Post subject: everton v pool

A couple of words of warnings to the blue half of merseyside. The last time you had a very talented teenager, he ended up at one of the Sky TV 4, and now reviled at Everton. Also, the club he went to, had a youth team in the 1950's called the ........Goslings. F***ing uncanny, eh?
Great result though!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

Enjoy it Barrett, I'm chuffed for you. There's only 1 team in Liverpool!!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:35 pm 
Post subject:

Or maybe there's 2 teams in Liverpool? Everton and Everton reserves? Laughing

Oh plus we drew 0-0 at home vs Chelsea back in December. A great past 2 months for us!
CelticViking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:35 pm 
Post subject:

Or maybe there´s 2 teams in Liverpool ! South Liverpool FC and South Liverpool FC Reserves !!!! or maye even a third team South Liverpool Youth team !!
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:35 pm 
Post subject:

Gutted by the result Barrett but you deserved the win. We went into the game all wrong and when Gerrard went off and Torres started struggling and Lucas's red card. Them things shouldnt have affected us but they did and to be honest it was only a matter of time before you scored.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
robbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:00 am 
Post subject:

Poor old Torres, had to feel sorry for him really, what chance did he have against the might of Jagielka?. Saw his white hankie appear as soon as he saw Phill warming up.

It`s a bugger, Jags isn`t playing his trade with The Blades, but great to see him playing so well.

Great win though for Everton and something Benitez ...after all his recent waffling & the strange case of Robbie keane... fully deserved!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:53 pm 
Post subject:

Is Benitez turning into a Spanish Kevin Keegan? If he is 'I would love it, LOVE IT!!!'
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

anfieldpurch wrote:
Gutted by the result Barrett but you deserved the win. We went into the game all wrong and when Gerrard went off and Torres started struggling and Lucas's red card. Them things shouldnt have affected us but they did and to be honest it was only a matter of time before you scored.

Sorry mate, but I couldn't help but laugh at that bit.

Your best two players crocked (one having to go off) and then having a player sent off ..... and that shouldn't have affected you? By Christ, if that shouldn't affect your side I'm not sure what would!
kcs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 pm 
Post subject:

Jags for England!!!!

Better than Rio and Terry to me.

Hope he gets in for footballing reasosn and not miss out on favouritism!!

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 pm 
Post subject: pool derby

A question for Barrett - and one that I think only one other member on here could answer without needing a reference book. In your championship season, 1984-5, you were undefeated at home in the league, and scored in all your league home games. Only one team stopped you scoring at home that season, and was the only team to win at Goodison that season. Unfortunately, having done that you gave us Mick Lyons as a ****ing manager. Who was that team? You also bought our centre forward who scored the winning goal in the 89th minute as well - GRIMSBY TOWN - as the grimsbybarralad would also, hopefully have told you. Not played you since, and.we also knocked you out of the League Cup at Blundell Park in he 78-9 season. Haven't played you since 84-5 (bar a Pontins reserve game which we also beat you in with Neville Southall in goal in 86-7) so as far as your ecrod goes against the Mickey Mouse 4, you haven't beaten the Mighty Mariners in your last three attempts. Not bad for a pishy fishy team. BTW, the Grimsby anthem "Sing when we're fishing" had it's first airing in the League Cup game when the Everton fans, so wittingly, chanted the same at us. Thanks for that. Bollocks for Mick Lyons.
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: pool derby

Auchinleckian wrote:
A question for Barrett - and one that I think only one other member on here could answer without needing a reference book. In your championship season, 1984-5, you were undefeated at home in the league, and scored in all your league home games. Only one team stopped you scoring at home that season, and was the only team to win at Goodison that season. Unfortunately, having done that you gave us Mick Lyons as a ****ing manager. Who was that team? You also bought our centre forward who scored the winning goal in the 89th minute as well - GRIMSBY TOWN - as the grimsbybarralad would also, hopefully have told you. Not played you since, and.we also knocked you out of the League Cup at Blundell Park in he 78-9 season. Haven't played you since 84-5 (bar a Pontins reserve game which we also beat you in with Neville Southall in goal in 86-7) so as far as your ecrod goes against the Mickey Mouse 4, you haven't beaten the Mighty Mariners in your last three attempts. Not bad for a pishy fishy team. BTW, the Grimsby anthem "Sing when we're fishing" had it's first airing in the League Cup game when the Everton fans, so wittingly, chanted the same at us. Thanks for that. Bollocks for Mick Lyons.

Nearly wet myself laughing at that Auck!!

There is a massive debate on at the mo about the origins of "Sing When We're Fishing". I personally believe it stems from the Everton fans singing "You Only SINK When You're Fishing" through a minute's silence for a trawler that had gone down in the North Sea a day or two before the game. They weren't singing much by the end of the game!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:37 am 
Post subject: sing when you're fishing

It was first aired when they took the lead, and the incrdible volumous support coming from the Pontoon and the old Barratt stand suddenly stopped for a brief moment. As soon as it was aired, the Pontoon responded with it as a self depracting anthem. It's been there ever since as being wholly synonymous with Grimsby, the same as "We piss on your fish" does.
Anyway, I remember a wee unassuming Scotsman by the name of Mick Brolly suddenly deciding he was going to etch his name in Grimsby folklore history, and scoring the two goals (one from an impossible angle) to send us through to an eventual quarter final date with Wolves. We would have got through to a semi final against Swindon, and undoubtedly the Final, had the woodwork not saved them in the first leg at Blundell Park from a Kev Moore effort.
This was the first major giantkilling I'd ever witnessed at Grimsby, having watched them since the 64-5 season, and I've never forgotten it. Same season we also played the other half of Liverpool in the F.A.Cup where we were wupped 5-0, but took over 23,000 fans to Anfield.
I remember getting there and wondering why they only had two or three turnstiles open at the Anfield Road end (it was about 1.15pm) the Police said they only needed that amount for about 3,000 fans! Their "intelligence" had obviously let them down badly. If anyone doubts the strength of the travelling support, the Rothamns yearbook for that season shows that only Everton, Man.Utd, Spurs and Leeds drew bigger crowds to Anfield that seson. The attendance for the Grimsby game was 49,500. They even had to put 1500 Town fans into the Kop to fit us all in (we had the vast majority of the Anfield Road end, half the Kemlyn Road stand, and various other pockets of support)When they played Bury in the next round - a virtual local derby - there were less than 35,000 there.
Great day out. Great season, finishing Champions, and then embarking on ten seasons in the old 2nd division.Memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Grimsby 0-1 - we missed a hatful and you knew what was coming. I was there that night. BTW we also lost 2 league games that year (4-1 Spurs, 4-3 Chelsea).

Everton have only ever gone through a season unbeaten at home once - 1962-3 (a 2 year spell with 43 games 34 wins and 152 goals (121-31))

They also scored in 47 consecutive home League games between 1984-6 - around the period Grimsby beat them in fact!!

In 84-5 Everton won 23 Drew 4 and Lost 3 home games - scoring 79 goals to 21 - a truly super effort - and that season they hold a record, still unsurpassed, of 42 wins in a season in all competitions.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: